Minutes for 7th March 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Monday 7th March 2022.

Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr Turner, Cllr Cullender, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Hamer, Cllr Ruth Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

There were 7 members of the public present

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

1 Public Consultation
Francesa Pratt raised the point that some people did not know regarding the most recent planning applications, she requested if we could put the notices up in the Post Office as well as the additional places that the notices are already placed. Cllr Turner will add something in the Marnhull Messenger to remind people of where the notices are placed and to find out information regarding the Parish Council.

2 Apologies of absence.
Cllr Winder, who is attending a DAPTC Meeting Cllr Hurlow and Cllr Holdship.
3 Declaration of Interest and Dispensations None Reported.

4 Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 7th February 2022 were approved.

Matters arising from the last meeting.
Standing Orders – The chairman will send round the full list of the standing orders that need updating and confirming.

Update on Village re recent storms and power cuts – The Chairman reported that Marnhull Village Care had several enquiries regarding the recent power cuts. Spare capacity was found in other members of the Village freezers to prevent food going off.
The Village Hall was also open on the Sunday to support members of the Village.

Young Peoples Forum – the clerk reported she has not had any uptake regarding this.

Village Hall Mosaic – Cllr Ruth explained that she feels that the Village Hall do not think its suitable to go on the wall in the Village Hall. To have further email discussion before the next meeting.

Jeremy Watson Email on 20MPH speed – Cllr Cullender noted the main point of the email was for the Parish Council to pass a motion that they support the 20 is plenty for the Village and will write to Dorset Council to requested this. The Chairman said that we had already joined the 20/20 organisation and had repeated suggested to them that 20 mph is required in Marnhull. Cllr Carr-Jones noted that in April the Council are looking at the 20-mph speed limit across other areas and are holding a meeting regarding this, it will be at county Hall and Cllr Carr-Jones will let us know regarding the date of the meeting

● Dorset Council Blue Badge Committee – The Chairman noted that they are still awaiting final policy from Dorset Council. Cllr Carr-Jones noted that it went through Cabinet last week and we will be getting the policy through soon.

Training – The Chairman encouraged Councillors to attend the training that DAPTC has on offer.

Queens Jubilee celebration’s – Ham Meadows is holding a street party, for their residents on the Saturday. The other celebrations being run by the Fest at the Recreation are well under way with organisation.

Highway Matters – Road Closures – Some road closures are coming up later this month and in April these have been circulated to the Councillors.

● Horse Signs Rosie Gall – The grant application was discussed, and the Councillors would like a break down of all costs per items, as this is a sizeable grant. Cllr Cullender will contact Rosie Gall regarding the horse signs.

Cars parked in the village hall car park – Land has been made available to Cooks Garage.

Light Pollution at AJN Steel in Henstridge – The clerk noted she had not had any communication from AJN Steel. The Chairman will contact the Environmental team at Dorset Council.

Annual Parish Meeting – The Chairman will circulate the dates he has found for hall availability.

To consider planning received, up to the time this agenda was posted.

P/OUT/2021/05266: Land north of Crown Road – Develop land by the erection of 70 no. dwellings with associated access & public highway improvements, open space & new community facilities (outline application to determine access & layout only)
Resolved: Objection.
Full comments due to the length can be found on the Parish Council website and on the planning application on the Dorset Council planning site.

P/PAAC/2022/01151: Barn at Cross Tree Farm, Sackmore Lane – Change of Use & conversion of agricultural building to dwellinghouse (Use Class C3)
Resolved: No Objection.
This application falls under Class Q change of use. As such, it is mainly only highway, noise, contamination, flooding, sustainability and external appearance that we need to consider. Apart from some new openings, the external appearance will remain largely unchanged; all materials used will be in line with the existing. Sustainability isn’t an issue, nor is noise, contamination or flooding. Access is from the track that leads up to Sackmore Lane/Burton Street. Whilst this is currently a track very rarely used by anything other than farm vehicles and pedestrians.

P/FUL/2022/00990: Pleck End House, Pleck – Change of use of garage and store to provide self contained annex with associated internal and external works
Resolved: No Objection –
This garage is effectively listed by association with Pleck End House. The conversion will result in minimal external changes and the end of the garage facing the street will remain unaffected (apart from repair and repaint) which is important as it is prominent as far as the street scene is concerned. All materials will be sympathetic and existing materials reused where possible. It will need to be made clear that the annex must be retained with the property and not made available as a marketable separate dwelling.
P/NMA/2022/01327 Great Down Farm, Marnhull – Amendment to Planning Permission P/HOU/2021/03069 to extend porch and adjust window positions on North Elevation.

Resolved: No Objection.
This is a minor change to extend the external walls of the hall to increase its size and effectively remove the porch.
To receive Dorset Council’s report.

Cllr Carr-Jones reported that he circulated the March briefing from Dorset Council.
He reported the main communication has been the situation in Ukraine and whether areas or Dorset could fly the Ukraine flag. The suggestion has been that they use some ribbons in the colours on the fence.
Rural Dorset is unlikely to see many refugees as the infrastructure isn’t likely to be the correct place.
The feedback has been from Poland is that people don’t travel there with supplies but to donate to one of the agencies.
The Chairman spoke about development within the Village and the need for more jobs to be available to local people.

Chairman’s urgent business-report –
The Chairman spoke regarding recruiting some new Councillors. This has been published within the Village.
5 Accounts –

The Payment Schedule for March 2022 for the sum of £1096.59 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.

To receive Councillors Reports.

6 To receive the following officer’s report.
Rights of Way improvement Plan 2022-2032 – Cllr Turner – there is nothing further to report at present- transferred to next meeting.
Paving Slabs – Cllr Hurlow and Cllr Winder – transferred to next meeting.
Recreation playground repairs – Cllr Hurlow – transferred to next meeting.
Village Speed update – Cllr Cullender reported there has been no progress regarding the new SIDS. So, we can either wait for them but we have no timescale to date, Cllr Cullender feels we should wait another month to see if there is any movement on the new SID’s if not then we may have to go for the old ones and cover the additional cost. To be decided at the next meeting.
Queens Jubilee Plant a Tree Woodland Trust Update – Cllr Turner reported that the tree for the Rec has been bought and will be delivered in the week beginning the 21st of March. The Green Teams are waiting for the date to plant the tree. Some enquiries have been made with the Pharmacy regarding land ownership.
Once the tree is planting the next stage will be to get a plaque for the tree.

Communications Strategy Proposal – Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Turner, Cllr Winder, Cllr Holdship – Cllr Turner reports he is trying to get together a calendar of events that can be published and he will circulate the draft once it is ready. The idea of having a stall at the Fest was discussed and it is something for councillors to think about whether they want to have one there.
Cllr Turner will add main points on the Facebook site.

Cllr Cullender spoke about an individual in Marnhull who may wish to take up being the Neighbourhood plan Co-Ordinator.
To consider any other matters arising from recent correspondence
Nothing further at present.

Correspondence and items for the next meeting

7 Date / Times of next meeting
Monday 4th April 2022 in the Village Hall.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.25 pm