Minutes for 5th October 2021

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Monday the 5th October 2021

Present: Cllr Vaughan MBE – Chairman, Cllr Tacon, Cllr Cullender, Cllr L Ruth, Cllr Winder, Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Turner, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Hamer and Cllr O’Malley.
Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.
There were five members of the public present

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

1 Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Councillor – He reported that he had kept councillors up to date with planning applications and road works.
He noted the new electronic register of interests is due to circulated.
The time to be able to re-register for the housing register has been extended until December.
An appeal has been put out to local landlords and people with second houses for Afghan refugees, there has been some offers but further offers would be welcome.
Cllr Carr-Jones left the meeting at 1908hrs.

2 Public Consultation
Mr Gow raised the subject of the speed traffic monitoring in Crown Road. The Chairman explained that this would be spoken about later in the agenda.
Mrs Sturgess spoke about the gates in the church yard cemetery, the gates are being renovated estimated cost £5,589 and would be happy if the Council could help? by Chris Hamman. Mrs Sturgess has written to the Jungle Hut and St Gregorys School to let them know that the gates are not in situ at this time.
The posts by the War Memorial will also be renovated by the British Legion.
The Chairman noted that there is to be no more Remembrance Day parade allowed to take place anymore due to an accident that had occurred.
The thought of the Parish Council contributing was discussed and this will be further discussed at the budget meeting.
Mr Pain spoke regarding the traffic on Crown Road this will be discussed later on the agenda.

3 Apologies of absence.
Cllr Looker, Cllr Hamer needed to leave the meeting at 8pm.

4 Declaration of Interest and Dispensations
There were none.
5 Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 6th September 2021 were approved.

Matters arising from the last meeting.
Village Speed Control Update Cllr Cullender – Cllr Cullender reported that four sites are going to progressing for four surveys, one on Crown Road and one on School house lane, one on New Street near Hussey’s, and one on Mill Lane this was decided at the last meeting. Cllr Cullender has sent these proposals to the road safety team and they would be going out and assessing the sites, Cllr Cullender is awaiting their feedback. If any of these sites indicate speeding and we do purchase a SID it would be one of the new ones that is a more affordable price.
Mr Gow asked the council to note they had had requests from Salisbury Street and Crown Road to monitor and help with the speeding in these areas and to record their concerns.
Mr White a member of the public asked regarding what information is being published and how many warning letters are sent. Cllr Cullender suggested that this was something he could look into and getting it published on the website he added that Cllr O’Malley is taking over the liaison for the Village Speed Group but he would still be involved with it.
Garden Cemetery update – The clerk has nearly completed the map and Cllr Mrs Ruth is going to deal with the burials when the clerk is away.
Dog Warden update Clerk – The clerk gave an update on recent correspondence from the Dog Warden. Questions were asked regarding the information we had been given re the dogs in the Cemetery and the clerk will clarify this.
Training All –DAPTC the councillors will be given the information with regards to register their interests on line.
Grit Bins update Cllr Cullender – Cllr Cullender has been checking the grit bins, he noted that the grit bin outside the school and it is not able to be opened due to the hedge growth over the bin Clerk will send a letter. Cllr Cullender also noted that some of the grit bins were being used as rubbish bins.
Recreation Ground Benches update Cllr Hurlow – the bench by the tennis court has been finished. One of the branches cleared from the previous week fell on another bench and so Cllr Hurlow will have a look at this.
The bench at the top of Church Hill will be replaced by the British Legion, Cllr Hurlow will laisse with the British Legion.
Finger Post Sign update – the sign cannot be moved for various reasons that Dorset Council have reported the chairman will contact them again.
St Gregs Church Trees update Cllr Hurlow – Some trees have been cleared from the bottom pathway and there is work still be done, Cllr Hurlow is liaising to get the rest of the work completed.
Parish Council Website update Cllr Holdship – The clerk and Cllr Holdship will arrange a convenient time to get together. The Parish council will continue to endeavour to engage the younger demographic in the Village.
Burton Street Phone Box update Cllr Holdship- Cllr Ruth – The door is nearly ready to be put back in place, the glazing is still to be completed. Cllr Mrs Ruth spoke regarding the fact she has three volunteers to complete the stripping of the old paint and making good.
Pavement Alongside Clock Cottage Burton Street Update Clerk – the clerk has sent letters to the householders.
Queens Jubilee Plant a Tree Woodland Trust – Green Team- the clerk spoke regarding the response from the Green Teams, Cllr Turner will liaises with the Woodland trust around this.
Recreation Ground use Contracts for Clubs Cllr Looker – The Chairman will ask Cllr Looker to circulate this prior to the next meeting having first simplified the documents.
MVC Volunteers Reception update Chairman – This has now taken place and there was an article in the Blackmore Vale Magazine.

Planning Applications –
P/HOU/2021/02644: Barn at Ashley Down Farm, Great Down Lane – Erect detached garage with office over.
Resolved: No Objection.
P/PADM/2021/03356: Mounters New Street – Demolish bungalow.
Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/02133: South Well Carraway Lane – Erect single storey timber garden room
P/LBC/2021/02134: South Well Carraway Lane – Erect single storey timber garden room and carry out all internal and external alterations associated with this.
Resolved: No Objection.
P/LBC/2021/02218: Clock Cottage Burton Street – Widen external doorway and install replacement door.
Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/02945: Toogoods Farm Moorside to White Way Lane Marnhull – Erect Single Storey Rear Extension.
Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/00362: Villamead Fillymead – Conversion of existing garage to habitable use including enclosing of existing side passage, porch canopy to front and alterations to elevations.
Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/03020: Lydden Ham Lane – Erection of porch (demolish existing) and erection of side wall to balcony. Installation of window to front elevation and replace all external windows and doors. External and internal alterations. Render external facades.

Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/03072: Lydden Ham Lane – Erect Timber framed 2 bay garage and store room.
Resolved: No Objection.

P/LBC/2021/02115: Pond Farm Musbury Lane – Replacement of garage roof lights with conservation roof lights with central glazing bar & replacement of existing kitchen & utility exterior doors and frames with new doors and frames. Removal of over-door rain deflector & installation of cast iron rainwater downpipe to east wall.
Resolved: No Objection.
Chairman’s urgent business-report –
The Royal British are going to deliver the wreath to the clerk in the next few weeks. We will await further instruction from the Legion regarding the laying of the wreath.
Sodom Lane is to be attended to by Highways done due to missing tarmac.
There are various road closures around the Village which have been circulated to the Parish Council.
The Hub recycling bins are now in situ.

6 Accounts –

There was a query re a cheque for Marnhull Village Care which was for the lunch Club, Clerk wrote a new cheque.
The Payment Schedule for October 2021 for the sum of £3131.94 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
Budget Meeting Date – Monday 22nd November 2021 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

To receive Councillors Reports.
Queens Jubilee Celebrations All – Some ideas have started to come in for the weekend, these will continue to be co-ordinated by the Parish council.
Recreation Ground Grass Cutting – The Chairman will speak to Cllr Hamer regarding this.
Gigabit Voucher – The County Council have a representative looking into this.
St Gregory’s Looking to The Future 13/10/21 7pm – Cllr Winder will attend this meeting on behalf of the parish council.
Traffic Meeting Fontmell Magna 28th September Cllr Cullender, Cllr O’Malley – This was regarding the community speed watch representatives meeting, Cllr Cullender and Cllr O’Malley attended. The other Parishes have the same issues as Marnhull does regarding getting SIDSs installed, and other traffic monitoring methods. It was felt more involvement by the Police was needed and questions were asked why a 20 mph could not be enforced by the Police.

To consider any other matters arising from recent correspondence
There are two footpaths being looked at by the footpath team, footpaths 105 and 103.

The clerk noted the email she had received from the Cricket club.

Annual Inspection of the playground has taken place. There are some items that need doing which Cllr Hurlow will get quotes for.

Cllr Winder spoke about the recent flooding at Spring Cottage in Mill Lane despite the new drains that have been put in by highways.

Correspondence and items for the next meeting
Cricket Club storage – the clerk reported she had received an email from the Cricket Club surrounding this and she will circulate to Councillors.

7 Date / Times of next meeting
Monday 1st November 2021 in the Village Hall.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.00 pm