Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Monday the 5th April 2021
This was a Virtual Meeting of the Parish Councillors due to the current restrictions surrounding Covid 19.
Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr Tacon – Vice Chairman, Cllr Cullender, Cllr L Ruth, Cllr Winder, Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Hamer, and Cllr Turner.
Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.
There were three members of the public present
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.
1. Public Consultation
There were none.
2. Apologies of absence.
Cllr Looker, Cllr O’Malley and Cllr Carr-Jones.
3. Declaration of Interest and Dispensations
The Chairman regarding his expenses.
4. Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 1st of March 2021 were approved.
Matters arising from the last meeting –
Community Governance Review – Cllr Winder reported an update from DAPTC. The purpose of this is to realign the parish boundaries, this happens 10 to 15 years.
Marnhull Hub Lean Recycling Bins – This was discussed again due to the materials changing from wood to metal. Cllr Hamer noted she was unsure about the appearance of these recycling bins due to them not being in keeping with the surrounding area. Discussion followed regarding suitable areas for these bins. It was decided to ask the Fest committee if the bins are able to go behind the Fest fencing, Cllr Hurlow will let the clerk know re the dimensions needed for this and the Clerk will contact the Fest committee to discuss further.
Finger Post Update – no Further update to the fixing of the finger post sign.
Allotment Invoices – These have started coming in, the clerk will send out a reminder at the end of the month if necessary.
Church Wall – The stone mason has now been paid the work is all finished.
Councillors Training – There is a new Councillor induction course on the 26th of April the Chairman and Cllr Turner will be attending.
Topple Test in both Cemeteries – Cllr Hurlow has undertaken this and he has forwarded the information to the clerk to follow up on any loose stones. The Cemetery is still awaiting to be completed.
DAPTC Update – Cllr Winder gave an update this included:
1. The Community Governance Review starts in July. It lasts for a year end is a once in 10-15 years opportunity to review Parish boundaries, to combine smaller villages into towns or to change the number of councillors. It was made clear that any amalgamation must only occur if both parties agree. Parish Councils are encouraged to have it as an agenda item before July.
2. The Dorset Local Plan has received 32,140 individual comments. Next stage is a further consultation round of 6 weeks.
3. DCC is keen to talk through a Summer Visitor Plan with parishes to avoid a repeat of Durdle Door 2020. There will be a briefing for Chairs.
4. Training update. There will be a new code of conduct published. Whilst not mandatory DAPTC hopes it will be adopted so there is one standard for all Councillors. There will also shortly be a digital register of interests and a new complaints procedure. There will be training on the latter for everyone in the Summer. DAPTC will be organising carbon literacy days in conjunction with the Centre for Sustainable Energy. There will be a Clerks Conference in the Autumn and an on-line conference for Councillors.
5. Organisational update. Mike Jones has stood down as Chair. He is being replaced by Stuart Waite from Stalbridge who was the only candidate.
6. Planning. There was discussion on long delays with planning approvals and planning enforcement.
7. SIDs. Speeding was discussed. Those with SIDs said they have a positive impact and drivers are more likely to respect limits.
CRPE number of allocated new houses for Marnhull Update Cllr Cullender – This is following on from the last meeting, Cllr Cullender noted this is covering a 17-year period and Marnhull are in a list of Parishes with a neighbourhood plan area. The number of new builds for Marnhull work out at about 9 per year for that 17-year period, this is just an expectation not an allocation. Cllr Cullender has emailed Mrs Pratt with this information.
Men’s Shed update – Cllr Holdship spoke regarding this and that there is nothing further to report at present. Mr Crocker had reported to the Chairman that he will be starting work on the Men’s Shed building in the next couple of weeks.
Dog Incident update – The Chairman went to visit the gentleman concerned regarding the most recent incident. The gentleman is satisfied with the methods the Parish Council has taken. Concerns were raised about the about the lack of attendance by the Dog Warden at the Recreation Ground, and it was suggested that Cllr Carr-Jones take this up at Dorset Council will the Dog Warden. It was suggested by Cllr Cullender that we ask residents to inform the Parish Council of incidents reported to the Dog Warden in order for a record to be kept as evidence. Cllr Holdship will add this request to the website and the Marnhull facebook site.
Cllr Winder will liaise with Cllr Looker to get the spare signs put back up again to replace the signs that have been removed.
Rail for Hains Lane entrance to REC – Cllr Hurlow noted he had all the parts and he will get it completed in the next week.
Defibrillator Letter of thanks Cllr Hamer – Cllr Hamer reported that we still have not had the names to send the letter of thanks to as yet.
Parish Council Plan 2021 – The Chairman will email this out to Councillors and to be included for the May Agenda.
To consider planning received, up to the time this Agenda was posted.
P/LBC/2021/00057: Alterations including installation of new external doors, replacement windows & internal remodelling – Church Farmhouse Crown Road
Resolved: No Objection.
Cllr Turner declared an interest in The Old Brewery application due to being a neighbour and abstained from voting.
P/FUL/2021/00107: Alterations and conversion of existing flat and maisonette to form 3 self-contained flats with associated cycle & bin store and formation of 6 car parking spaces – The Old Brewery Carraway Lane
Resolved: No Objection.
Comments – The Parish council would like clarification regarding the ownership of the land that the parking occupies.
P/HOU/2021/00197: Erection of front and side extensions with internal alterations – Elsamere Musbury Lane
Resolved: No Objection.
P/FUL/2021/00093: Conversion & extension of existing stables to form 1no. residential dwelling & rebuilding & conversion of barn to form residential garage/parking – Ashley Farm Sodom Lane
Due to unsustainability of the site as being outside of the settlement boundary and not suitable for countryside development.
5. Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Councillor – No Report.
The Chairman noted that he has been sending out the roadworks list. He has also assisted in trying to get some Police intervention regarding the most recent dog incident.
He also ensures we are informed of Highways activities
6. Chairman’s urgent business-report
The Chairman noted that the two new houses in Ham Lane had been numbered incorrectly.
The Chairman noted he has been made aware that after May 7th Council meetings will not be able to take place virtually.
The May meeting will cover the AGM as well as the monthly meeting, the next meeting is likely to be in July when the Covid restrictions have changed.
There has been a complaint made about the pavement in Burton street from Clock House to Musbury Lane, and the Chairman has taken this up with highways.
7. Accounts –
The Payment Schedule for April 2021 for the sum of £3276.32 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
Bank Account Signatory – The clerk has sent the information to the bank and is awaiting confirmation from the bank.
To receive Councillors Reports.
Village Safety: Speeding. Signage. Large Vehicles. Horse Rider – Cllr Cullender reported that he has been in contact with the Highways Officer and it is thought that Burton Street is unlikely to be able to have a SID due to the road layout. Dorset council policy is that each SID should have a maximum of three positions that it is able to be moved to due to driver’s perception and able to be rotated to these locations along this area. Locations for the traffic survey has been suggested Salisbury Street, New Street- East bound, Sodom Lane, Church Hill and Burton Street, the cost is £250 for a location and then £175 for further locations if completed at the same time.
Cllr Cullender proposed will go back to Dorset Council with five locations, this was seconded by Cllr Hurlow all in favour for the areas for the traffic surveys.
Newsletter in Messenger – The Chairman suggested that the Parish Council will use a newsletter every month in the messenger as has been done this month. It was agreed by Councillors that this would be helpful to keep the Village informed of the Parish council activities
Rosie Gall Horse Application for a grant re Bridleway Group – this will be transferred to the May meeting.
Annual Parish Meeting May – This will be held within the first meeting in May along with the monthly meeting.
Grass cutting at St Gregs – Cllr Hamer noted that she had had a meeting with Phil and Mrs Sturgess and the wilding area has been identified. Mrs Sturgess is working to get a party together for the work at the Church Yard Cemetery, they will come back to the Parish Council before any work is undertaken.
Leandah Collis – Letter received by the Chairman, which he had circulated to the Councillors. This will be dealt with by email between now and the next meeting, Phil Butress will be asked to quote for the grass cutting on the Recreation Ground before the next meeting so we can compare the costs.
Correspondence and items for the next meeting
Marnhull Football Club – email circulated by the Chairman. This will be discussed at the next meeting. Cllr Winder will contact both the Football Club and the Cricket Club and try and come to some agreement to prevent further delay.
Cllr Hurlow will contact Play dale due to an item of the equipment which is damaged.
Items for the next agenda.
8. Date / Times of next meeting
Virtual Meeting 3rd May 2021 at 7.00pm.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.15 pm