Minutes for 1st November 2021

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

 Monday the 1st November 2021

 

6 New Street, Marnhull, Dorset.  DT10 1PY

Telephone:  01258 821231 Email: clerk@marnhull-pc.org.uk

 

Present: Cllr Vaughan MBE – Chairman, Cllr Tacon, Cllr L Ruth, Cllr Winder, Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Turner, Cllr Holdship, and Cllr O’Malley.

Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

There were five members of the public present

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice.  The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests.  The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

 

  1. Public Consultation

The Fest committee attended the meeting to put forward their ideas for the Queen’s Jubilee.  The initial plans would be on the Friday it would be an open picnic style event at the Recreation Ground, then the Saturday would be the normal style of the Fest with stalls during the day and live music in the evening. They will send a note to the Clerk.

The Chairman suggested they contact the Vicar at St Gregorys Church, as she has some ideas as well.

The Chairman also stressed he wants some involvement from the young people for the weekend.

Mrs Sturgess spoke regarding some money in the budget for some tree work in the Recreation Ground, the clerk will look at the budget to see what is left in the account for this year and some to be set aside for next year.

  1. Apologies of absence.

Cllr O’Malley, Cllr Cullender and Cllr Carr-Jones.

  1. Declaration of Interest and Dispensations

Cllr Holdship due to the payment schedule.

  1. Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 5th October 2021 were approved.

 

  • Matters arising from the last meeting.
  • Village Speed update – Cllr Cullender & Cllr O’Malley – Cllr Cullender had sent a report and he stated there has been no progress to date and he will chase once her is back.
  • Garden Cemetery Update re map – Clerk to contact the Mr Osman re the map and how this can be updated in the future.
  • Dogs in the Cemetery Update – The clerk has not received anything further from the Dog Warden, she will chase up.
  • Dog Warden update re visits /action – as Above.
  • Training – The Chairman noted that there is a range of training courses on the DAPTC website.
  • Grit Bins – Cllr Cullender – no further update. Referred to next meeting.
  • Recreation Benches – This can be monitored by Cllr Hurlow during the year. Closed.
  • Finger Post Sign update – The Chairman updated the council that he has reported to Highways that should an incident occur due to not being able to view the sign Marnhull Parish council accept no responsibility for any injuries caused. Closed.
  • Parish Council Website – Cllr Holdship and the clerk have met, and she is now able to update the website.
  • Burton Street Phone Box update – Cllr Holdship – Progress is being made to the phone box and this is ongoing. Cllr Mrs Ruth said that her husband was assisting with the painting the chairman asked Cllr Ruth to pass on his thanks?
  • Men’s Shed Location update – Cllr Holdship – to give update outside of the meeting.
  • Gigabit Voucher – Closed.
  • Queens Jubilee Plant a Tree Woodland Trust Update – Cllr Turner gave an update on the information her has found. The minimum order is 30 saplings so Cllr Turner will speak to the Green Teams to see what the Parish Council could do to support and have a look around the Recreation Ground and to see what the opportunities would be for a single tree.
  • Recreation Ground use Contracts – Cllr Winder has sent around some drafts for the cricket club, football club and the Fest, he will circulate the drafts for the approval of the councillors.
  • Royal British Legion Remembrance Service – The service will take place and the Parish council will lay a wreath; this will be laid by the Chairman.
  • Cricket Club Email – Cllr Hamer has circulated the email from the Cricket Club with all the information with dimensions and photographs for their proposed shed for storage. Proposed by Cllr Hamer and seconded by Cllr Hurlow that the parish council agree the proposal sent by the Cricket club and this was carried on a majority of 6 – 2.

 

Planning Applications –

P/HOU/2021/01989: Sackmore House Burton Street – Part demolish existing rear conservatory and rebuild with Solar PV panels on new roof and install solar PV panels to the main roof
Resolved: No Objection.
P/LBC/2021/02423: Church Farmhouse, Crown Road – Carry out internal & external alterations associated with the conversion of agricultural outbuilding to farm office/meeting room
Resolved: No Objection.

P/HOU/2021/02185: 7 Chestnut Close – Erection of a carport & secure storage area to the rear of the property
Resolved: No Objection.

 

  • Chairman’s urgent business-report –

There has been a few concerns from Villagers regarding highways and planning but all were being dealt with and further reports made when known.

  1. Accounts –

 

The Payment Schedule for November 2021 for the sum of £1809.19   had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.

Budget Meeting Date – Monday 22nd November 2021 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

 

  • To receive Councillors Reports.
  • Looking to the Future St Gregory’s Cllr Winder reported that the Church is Grade 1 listed and this is a project about bringing the church up to date with regards fixtures and fittings.  The project is likely to cost around £300,000.  A team is being put together to put in a bid to the Heritage Fund Committee, this will require a lot of community engagement.  The electrics need to be completed as a matter of importance.
  • Recreation Play Ground repairs Cllr Hurlow reported that there was the annual inspection carried out and this has highlighted some areas of improvement. The chains need replacing on the basket swing, and the logs on the posts for the basket swing need replacing as well.  Cllr Hurlow proposed the works on the big swing are completed, this was seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour. Ongoing and item for Budget Meeting
  • Highway Matters – The Chairman reported on Hains Lane and some of the occupants of Haines Lane have complained as the road has not been relayed, despite the road being closed. Dorset council Highways are looking into this issue as roads are their responsibility.
  • Village Hall AGM Cllr Ruth reported this is on the 12th of November and if any councillors wish to attend they can book a place.
  • Young people for Co-option Chairman – the Chairman noted that he is keen for young people to be involved in the parish council. The suggestion is that a group of young people identified by the clerk come to the meeting to introduce themselves and become a voice for the Parish council.

Cllr Winder noted that he had attended some training which he will update the council with via email.

 

 

To consider any other matters arising from recent correspondence       

Correspondence and items for the next meeting

Electric vehicle charging point in the Village Hall Carpark.

Cllr Winder gave an update on the flooding at Mill Lane.

  1. Date / Times of next meeting

Monday 6th December 2021 in the Village Hall.

 

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.47 pm