Minutes for 12th January 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Wednesday 12th January 2022

Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr L Ruth, Cllr Winder, Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Turner, Cllr Cullender, Cllr Tacon, Cllr O’Malley, Cllr Hamer and Cllr Holdship.
Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.
Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Council Councillor. Left the meeting at 2035hrs
There were Nine members of the public present

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

1 Public Consultation
A security light at the Pharmacy in the Village was raised. There were concerns that this appears to be on most of the night, Councillors explained this had been there for some time and it is likely a security light. The Chairman will contact David Rose the owner of the pharmacy to discuss this further.
Comments were made regarding the Musbury Lane planning application that had previously been circulated to Councillors, this application will be heard at the next meeting.
Concerns were raised over the lack of white lines on the B3092 after the resurfacing work, Cllr Cullender will contact highways.
2 Apologies of absence.
There were none.
3 Declaration of Interest and Dispensations None Reported.

4 Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 6th December 2021 were approved.

Matters arising from the last meeting.
Village Speed update – Cllr Cullender & Cllr O’Malley – Cllr Cullender reported that highways have been out to look at the two locations for the SID’s they have agreed they are suitable and will send out a quote hopefully within the next month. It was discussed regarding having a road safety feature on the website and in the messenger, Cllr Winder will look into this.
Dorset Council Blue Badge Committee – The Chairman reported he has circulated the information and should any Councillors have any comments they wish to make please let the Chairman know.
Garden Cemetery Update re map – The clerk gave a brief update re the progress.
Training – The Chairman has sent round recent training dates throughout January so for those yet to do any training get your name down.
Grit Bins – Cllr Cullender – They are all full now Item Closed
Burton Street Phone Box update – Cllr Holdship – The work is still in progress, weather dependent.
Queens Jubilee Plant a Tree Woodland Trust Update – Cllr Turner has circulated a summary previous to the meeting. They have identified some sites for some tree planting. Cllr Turner will get some idea of numbers and quotes and bring the proposal back for the next meeting. The green teams have offered to maintain the trees.
Recreation Ground use Contracts – The clerk has received contracts from the football club and the fest committee.
Recreation Ground grass cutting 2022 – There was nothing further to report and the contract will say the same for next year with Phil Butress.
Royal British Legion Remembrance Service 2022 – The Parish council would need to gain further event insurance to cover this. An example list will be drawn up to get an idea of the cost of the insurance.

To consider planning received, up to the time this agenda was posted.

P/OUT/2021/03030 : Land off Butts Close – Develop land by the erection of up to 39 No. dwellings, form vehicular and pedestrian access, and public open space. (Outline application to determine access).

Resolved: Objection. Cllr Cullender, Cllr Turner.
To be heard by the planning committee.
All in favour.
P/HOU/2021/03732: 7 Lovells Mead – Erect side extension.

Resolved: No Objection.
Cllr Winder asked as to whether we needed the planning consultant’s advice regarding the forthcoming Musbury Lane application.
Cllr Cullender will circulate a draft and if Councillors wish to engage the planning consultant they can do so at that time.
To receive Dorset Council’s report.
Cllr Graham Carr-Jones update – Cllr Carr-Jones gave an update on the planning application in Stalbridge.
He explained that there will another application coming from Cicero developments for Marnhull.
Dorset Council council tax will have an expected increase of around £1.02 per band D property per week.
Chairman’s urgent business-report –
Young Village consultancy group – A request for volunteers will be added into the next newsletter. It was suggested that it may be helpful to their Duke of Edinburgh Award, the clerk will contact the organiser in Gillingham to see if this may be something they would be interested in.
He also mentioned that Marnhull Football Club were looking for a Manager/Trainer and players as without them it could be the last year of them playing in the recreation Ground.
5 Accounts –

The Payment Schedule for January 2022 for the sum of £2128.59 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.

To receive Councillors Reports.
Looking to the Future St Gregory’s Cllr Winder – Ongoing, to come off agenda until Cllr Winder has a further update.
Communications Strategy Proposal – Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Turner, Cllr Winder, Cllr Holdship. – Meeting being held next Monday so an update will be at February’s meeting.
Update on flooding at Nutwood Cottage / Spring Cottage – the Dorset environmental team are speaking to the farmer who rents the field to see if there can be some measures in the field to help prevent the flooding. This is on going work between the council and the land owner and the farmer who rents the land. Cllr Winder suggested that most of the flooding comes from blocked drains, these can be logged on the Dorset council website. The parish council can pay for more drain clearance than is regular done through the County council. Further discussion followed regarding the problems with flooding in some areas of Village and the responsibility of Villagers to maintain their own properties.
Recreation Play Ground repairs Cllr Hurlow – Orders for parts concerning the swings and log was awaiting delivery On Going.
Highway Matters – Road Closures – Cllr O’Malley spoke regarding the concerns with today’s progress of Love Lane and the resurfacing work and the mud that has been put on the verges. Cllr O’Malley will go and speak to the work men directly tomorrow.
Paving Slabs – Cllr Hurlow and Cllr Winder – Some slabs will be put in when the weather is better, the hub have offered to pay for the paving slabs. Cllr Winder and Cllr Hurlow will complete this work as and when the weather improves, this was agreed by all Councillors.
Rights of Way improvement Plan 2022-2032 – Chairman – Nothing further, Cllr Turner will have a look into this.
Benches carpark – Cllr Winder and Cllr Hurlow update from their site visit – there is space for two benches which are kindly being donated by Mrs Butler, this is ongoing and Cllr Hurlow will look at how these are going to be installed.
Bike Racks at the Village Hall – Proposed by Cllr Hamer that approval is given by the parish council to Mrs Butler for the installation of the bike racks, seconded by Cllr Winder, and all in favour.
Discussion took place re cars parked in the village hall car park Clerk will make enquiries and it will feature in the next issue of the Messenger.

To consider any other matters arising from recent correspondence
Light Pollution at AJN Steel in Henstridge, concerns have been raised regarding the amount of lights that are on all night. The Chairman will contact the company to speak to them regarding these.

Correspondence and items for the next meeting None

6 Date / Times of next meeting
Monday 7th February 2022 in the Village Hall.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05 pm