Minutes 7th October 2019

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday the 7th October the Village Hall, Marnhull.

Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr Tacon – Vice Chairman, Cllr Cullender, Cllr Wiles, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Mrs Ruth, Cllr M Ruth, Cllr Looker and Cllr Mrs Hamer

Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk,
Dorset County Cllr G Carr-Jones.
9 members of the public.
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

1. Public Consultation
Mr Marks spoke regarding the access to the Recreation Ground from his property, he read out letter he had been sent. He then followed this by reading his reply to the Council. He then gave the letter to the clerk and left the meeting following assurances that the matter would be dealt with.

2. Apologies of absence.
There were none.

3. Declaration of Interest and Dispensations
Cllr Mr Ruth for his expenses on the payment schedule.

4. Co-option of New Councillor.
Mrs Leandah Collis was co-opted onto the Council after answering the relevant questions and providing the Council with the necessary forms. The Chairman welcomed her to the Council.
5. Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 2nd of September were agreed and signed.
Matters arising from the last meeting –
A Footpath 111- The Chairman gave an update on how things are progressing with this. The information the Chairman has received is that they have indicated that the problem with the footpath is DC mistake and they have requested the information of the Land owner and will now make contact.
B. Mrs Sturges explained that she has spoken to the ranger and they have apologised for cutting her footpath – No further action.
C. Moorside Lane- Cllr Tacon noted that Moorside has been marked where they are due to repair. Some repairs have been made but this has been an unsatisfactory job.
D. Burton Street development update – Cllr Carr-Jones reported that a meeting has taken place. The information that has come from this meeting was that unless the landowner would consider using a different access, the highways do not have any objection to the access as it is. This would also involve the land owner having to submit another planning application.
E. Recreation ground and play area electrical box update- The electrician is going to install a new box and create a map of the electrical cables in the area. The Chairman will make contact with Mr Kerr and request any documentation he has regarding his portfolios while he was a Councillor, which will include any updated information regarding this.
F. Carpark space Chestnut Close – the parking space was always on the plans, and so no alterations will be made. No further action.

Planning Meeting
2/2019/1228/AGR | Erect agricultural storage building. Strangways Farm Hains Lane Marnhull
Resolved: No Objection.
The building is set within others within the site and will have no impact elsewhere in our opinion.
2/2019/1055/OUT | Develop the land by the erection of 4 No. dwellings. (Outline application with all matters reserved). Land to The Rear of Wisteria House New Street Marnhull Dorset
Resolved: Objection.
On the grounds of detrimental environmental impact regarding the Conservation Area, including heritage assets and trees. Also, inadequate access.
Impact on Conservation Area:
Loss of trees
Adverse setting of Heritage Assets
Impact on Highways:
Insufficient access to New Street
Impact on Neighbouring Property.
Close proximity of proposed access to Rosedale House
Car parking areas very close to nos. 1 & 2 Jessamine Cottages
Planning Committee Assessment-
Overall, clearly an opportunistic application, taking advantage of the so-called housing shortage in Dorset. Infill developments like this should not be allowed within a Conservation Area. The access is totally inadequate, despite the heritage statement comparisons to other properties in the vicinity, which are not comparable and should not be used as precedents. If Dorset Council are minded to approve this application then we ask for it to go to Committee
2/2019/0969/FUL | Construct all weather riding arena and erect fencing. Goddards Farm Goddards Marnhull Dorset. Mrs Windsor spoke in support of her application
Resolved: No Objection
2/2019/1229/FUL Land at E377696 N120268, Hains Lane – Erect gantry on the south elevation of existing poultry house (retrospective) and proposed erection of roof over gantry.

Resolved: No Objection. But should be a none reflective roof

6. Cricket Club – Mr Norton spoke regarding the information he had already supplied in respect to the use of the money that the Parish Council pay them. He confirmed what the money was being used for and asked that should the Council need anything further they let him know. The Chairman pointed out that the Contract for use of the Recreation Ground had not been signed and should be signed every year, he also wanted to note that the Parish Council are fully in support of the Cricket Club and all the work they do for the Village. Cllr Holdship pointed out that the financial information provided by the club was not entirely in keeping with what was requested. Specifically, the budget heading the club uses for grounds maintenance includes things other than grass cutting e.g. line marking. The council’s request for a detailed understanding of how the money it pays to the club has not been properly met.

7. Neighbourhood plan- Cllr Carr-Jones reported that the focus for Dorset Council moving forward is the local plan. He explained that he would get further information as to the best way forward for Marnhull. He suggested a meeting with the Neighbourhood planning group and the Planning Officer Mr David Walsh.
Apply for the Ordnance Survey public sector mapping – All councillors agreed for this to be applied for. Cllr Cullender will make further enquiries and report back.
8. Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Councillor – Cllr Carr-Jones noted that the monthly report had already been circulated. He also noted that the new Dorset council plan had been released and he would welcome feedback. He also has circulated a link for the empty homes.
9. Chairman’s urgent business-report
The Chairman noted that he attended the licensing service for the new Reverend in St Gregory’s Church.
He also noted that 45 newcomers attending the newcomers evening there were in attendance 90 people in the Village Hall.
The resignation of Mr Sandy Kerr – It was suggested that a letter of appreciation be sent to Mr Kerr for all his hard. The Chairman will send a letter. The clerk will contact him for any documents he may have in relation to the Parish Council.
The Chairman noted that it had been brought to his attention that there was a young man sleeping outside in the Recreation Ground. Discussion followed as to help best support this young person.
10. Accounts –
The Payment Schedule for October 2019 for the sum of £2217.53 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
Community Funding – The Chairman noted that some information had been circulated regarding some funding options.
Wreath for the RBL – The clerk to order a wreath and a councillor will attend the service and lay the wreath.
Budget Meeting date will be settled by e-mail
Siam Letter – It was felt that the Council would wait until more properties had been sold before approaching Siam regarding a donation to the Village further discussion required so defer till next month.

11. To receive Councillors reports:
Gardening club – The information has been circulated and they welcome any support from anyone who wishes to come and help.
Burton Street phone box – Information has previously been circulated regarding the onward maintenance of the phone box. Cllr Mrs Ruth is happy to set things moving with the maintenance of the phone box as there is already £500 allocated on the budget for this work. Cllr Mrs Ruth will send the information to Cllr Holdship and any input regarding the work from the Men’s Shed can be discussed.
IT Officer – The clerk confirmed that the new Parish Council email was now up and working it does correspond to Dorset Councils requirements for emails
Grass Cutting/Maintenance – Information had previously been circulated by Cllr Hamer. Cllr Holdship proposed that the work should go out to public tender seconded by Cllr Looker, not carried.
Chairman proposed that we use Phil to take on the grass cutting, this was seconded by Cllr Looker all in favour. Cllr Hamer will contact Chris and Phil. A new detailed contract will need to be written up for Phil.
Village Hall – Cllr Mrs Ruth had previously circulated an update on the Village Hall which all Councillor’s had received.
Sackmore Green – Tree preservation order – information had been circulated and the Council support the preservation order for the tree.
Defibrillator – Cllr Hamer had previously circulated information regarding the defibrillator and the contract that is coming to an end. Discussion followed as to the best way forward. Cllr Hamer will gain some more information and circulate to all as there were a variety of different options and Councillors will take an electronic vote as the contract ends on November.
Speed Watch – Cllr Cullender gave an update on the Speed Watch and they intend to be out again soon.
New Bench in the Play Area – Cllr Holdship requested permission on behalf of the Men’s Shed to demolish the old bench in the play area so they could begin the installation of the new one. All were in agreement and the necessary safety precautions will be put in place.

12. To consider any matters arising from recent correspondence-
Horse Signs – The Chairman noted that he had received a request for horse signs around the Village It was thought they would not be of much point as drivers would ignore them.

13. Correspondence and items for the next meeting

14. Date / Times of next meeting
The next Parish Council meeting will be held on the Monday 4th of November 2019 at 7pm in the Village Hall

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.15pm