Minutes 7th November 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 7th November 2016 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Wiles
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Mrs Ruth
Cllr Ruth
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Hamer
Cllr Wright

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

There were three members of the public present.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2016/087 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

The Chairman declared an interest regarding item 8 for expenses claim.

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

No changes reported

3. 2016/088 Public Consultation
Mr Ham raised the point regarding the Cricket Club covers and the fact that he didn’t feel like they were being moved. And if they are being moved it must only be the tiniest bit, he also questioned as to why it is now out of the Cricket season were they not being removed and packed away. There had also been some fencing put around the Cricket pitch which Mr Ham wondered whether they had sought permission for through the Parish Council.
The Councillors took on board Mr Ham’s points and an agreement between the Cricket Club and the Parish Council needs to be drawn up which the Parish Council are going to get underway with.
Mr Rob Norton will be invited to the next meeting in December to discuss these issues with the Parish Council.

4. 2016/089 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Cullender.
Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.

5. 2016/090 Chairman’s Urgent Business
The Chairman had nothing further than what is being discussed on the agenda already.

6. 2016/091 Minutes
The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 3rd of October 2016, were agreed and signed by the Chairman as were the Planning Minutes from the 19th of October 2016.

7. 2016/092 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
The state of the Ham Meadows footpath has been reported to the Rangers and it is on their work list.
Contact list has been updated on the Messenger although Cllr Wiles details are missing so Cllr Cullender will rectify this.
The clerk will order a new printer.
The problem with the car park lines is ongoing the Chairman is continuing to chase them.
The grit bins have been topped up.
The drain clearing is ongoing.

8. 2016/093 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £3744.78 was agreed by the Council.
b. The grant list of £3950 was also agreed by the Council after a minor alteration.
c. Cllr Mrs Ruth to send out the final version of the Financial regulations and the clerk will save on the main system.
d. The clerk to formalise a draft budget for the budget meeting.

9. 2016/093 Planning Matters
Hain’s Lane application – The clerk gave a brief outline of the reason why the application would not go before committee. Cllr Dowden also explained how the process worked with the applications at NDDC.

2/2016/1543/House The Hollies, Burton Street, Marshall – Erect single Storey extension.

Resolved: No Objection.
Comments: The materials used on the outside of the building need to be in keeping with the surrounding properties and for the work to be thoroughly checked by the conservation officer.

The Chairman was asked at this point for information regarding the Sackmore Lane/Burton street application. He read out an email he had received from Mr Eveleigh regarding the work that has been carried out recently in the field.

‘You may or may not be aware of the activity over the last week or so in the field by Burton St and Sackmore Lane.

This was the contentious issue, where the DMC ignored the Parish Council findings and the objections of 98% of the 90-100 letters sent by villagers to NDDC back in 2014 over the Outline Planning Application for 13 dwellings on this Conservation Area site.

As a number of people have asked me what is going on on my dog walking rambles around the village, I took it upon myself to find out.

After a certain amount of chasing around the houses in both District and County Councils, I ran down a lady in Dorset CC’s Historic Environment Team, Claire Pinder. Her department are evidently responsible for archaeology surveys in the county.

It would appear that Wessex Archaeology have been engaged to conduct the survey. You may recall that this was one of the 13 planning conditions placed on the Application at the time. Last week they surveyed the site using ground radar and other “geophys” scanning devices, well that is what we observed.

This week, I understand the team has had a digger in to dig exploratory trenches to examine anomalies they “found” from the scanning devices the week before. I spoke to a man called Steve Wallace from Claire’s department at Dorset CC this afternoon. He reported that Wessex Archaeology had just reported to him that they had found nothing of significance in the trenches on the North side (Burton St)) of the site. However, they have found evidence of Iron Age occupation in the trench(es) on the South (Sackmore Green) side of the site. What this is and exactly what it is is not being released at the moment.

I think this is quite exciting to find Iron Age remains in our Conservation Area in Marnhull. It is certainly better than litter, dog poo on the Rec and those terrible new houses being built on the Old Dairy Site on New St. How could NDDC have allowed such plastic bidets to be built in our village is beyond me.

I did say to Claire Pinder that it would be a good idea if DCC and NDDC actually kept locals informed as to what was going on, given the contentious issue of this planning application. She agreed that it would be a good idea. I wonder if any District, or County Councillors will bother to take this up’.

10. 2016/094 Councillors’ Reports

a. DCC – No Report.
b. NDDC – Please see below.
c. Parish:

Village Emergency Plan – The Chairman is still awaiting information from NDDC.

Registration of the Recreation and Cemetery – The Chairman explained the recent activity regarding this but sadly the deed which we now has is incorrect and so the Chairman will go back to the Solicitors and explain that the Village Hall needs to be taken off as the Parish Council have no responsibility over that.

Second Allotment Water Bill – Unfortunately another large water bill has been received. The time frame and incident is known to Cllr Chapman and the clerk and the water has now been turned off so hopefully no more incidents will be occurring.

St Gregor’s Churchyard – Discussion regarding this took place and the reasons for and against taking this on were discussed. The main issue that needed to be dealt with first is that of the Churchyard being officially closed before a decision could be made. More information is needed and it will be put on December’s agenda.

Phone Mast – An update was given from the meeting that was held with the Phone Mast company, discussion followed and the Chairman proposed by Cllr Chapman that the company is contacted to provide a multi skills meeting where more information can be gathered, this was seconded by Cllr Wiles and all were in favour.

Standing Orders – The third Standing Order Health and Safety had been circulated. Cllr Hamer proposed that this was accepted, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour.

Marnhull Books – The clerk read out an email she had received from Mr Bailey regarding this and it was proposed by the Chairman that the clerk asks that the Parish Council are consulted formally regarding this, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour. The clerk will contact Mr Bailey.

Allotment Rules – These have been circulated to all Councillors and they will be sent out in January when the invoicing is completed for next year.

Draft Correspondence/Communication Policy – Moved to the December meeting.

Proposed Dog Fouling Campaign – Cllr Kerr explained the stages with regard to the Campaign. The first stage was a partnership with Keep Britain Tidy, Cllr Kerr will get a ‘Parish’ pack from them and buy 10 of their glow in the dark posters.
There will be more signs put up around the Recreation Ground saying ‘dogs must be kept on lead’. Cllr Kerr has also got some further posters coming which will go on the notice boards. Once Cllr Kerr has all these items together he will place an article in the Marnhull Messenger.
Councillors were all in agreement for this Campaign to go ahead.
Cllr Kerr would like Councillors to inform him of any other areas they know that are blighted by the problem.
It was proposed by Cllr Kerr that the Council accept the quote to strengthen the base of the cross in the Cemetery, by the company that replaced the gates in the play area. This was seconded by the Chairman and all were in favour. The cost will be £100 plus vat.

Play Area –
Cllrs Kerr and Hamer had prepared a comprehensive presentation on the Playground but were disappointed over the lack of time left so a brief outline of the proposals was given. These were that the sand pit was effected the roundabout and so needed to be moved. One of the larger wooden structures was rotten and smaller units for younger children were required as well as larger ones for older children. The estimates from three companies were around £20000 – £25000. Discussion followed and it was decided to refer the item to the budget meeting.

Cllr Mrs Wright raised the issue of an outside toilet on behalf of the Village Hall Committee. The Chairman made it clear that the Parish Council was not supporting this proposal.
Cllr Mrs Wright also asked about the Pavilion water bill she was referred to the clerk.

NDDC- Cllr Dowden & Westbrook
Councilor Westbrook had already sent her apologies.
Cllr Dowden had to leave the meeting by left a letter for the Chairman to read out. The letter from Savills was read out and after discussion it was decided to put the item on the next agenda.

11.2016/095 Clerk’s Report
The clerk had nothing further to report.

12. Correspondence.

None

13. 2016/096 Date of next meeting/s

Council Meeting Monday 5th December at 7pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting concluded at 9.20 pm.