Minutes 7th August 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 7th August 2017 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Cullender
Cllr Mrs Ruth
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Mrs Wright
Cllr Mrs Hamer
Cllr Wiles
Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.

There were three members of the public present.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2017/066 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

Cllr Hamer’s expenses.

3. 2017/067 Public Consultation
Mr Eveleigh spoke regarding the Elm Trees that were once in the Village and the problems with the Dutch elm disease that killed so many.
He has formed a working group who are going to do a survey around the Village to see if any people have any pieces of land that they would be prepared to have some trees planting on.
Mr Eveleigh asked the Parish Council if they would be willing to support this venture.
Cllr Chapman proposed that the Parish Council support this venture and this was seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour.

Mrs Sturgess attending the meeting to explain that weed killer had again been used on her property.
After discussion it was decided that the Chairman will add a small piece to the Marnhull Messenger.
Mrs Sturgess is also going to do a general letter to all her neighbours.
Mr Watson attended the meeting to raise his concerns over the gullies, drains and verges along Burton Street into Pilwell. He expressed his concerns over the lack of maintenance from DCC and the concerns over flooding when the rain comes over the winter.
It was discussed further and the clerk explained that any items such as these need to be reported through the Dorset for you Website and this is something that can be done by anyone and then you get a reference number so you can log the progress. Cllr Cullender confirmed this was correct. The clerk will report this but if was also suggested that any concerned members of the public also do the same. Cllr Cullender will also put a note in the Messenger letting people know that this is how they can report any issues.

4. 2017/068 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Ruth, Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor and Cllr Carr-Jones – NDDC Leader.

5. 2017/069 Chairman’s Urgent Business
The Chairman spoke regarding the information we had received from Cllr Westbrook regarding the development pressures that are being forced on NDDC.
Cllr Dowden spoke regarding this and explained that although they grant the planning permission they cannot force people to build the properties.
He explained that this means that for future planning applications they are going to be encouraged to grant them and ones that get turned down can be overturned by the planning inspector.
Cllr Dowden did feel that applications outside the settlement boundary were still likely to be a problem.
Cllr Chapman asked at this point whether having a Neighbourhood Plan would make any difference to this. Cllr Dowden explained that he felt that Marnhull were too late now to consider doing one, but Cllr Chapman explained that he would contact the ex-chair of the committee Mrs Ros Eveleigh.

6. 2017/070 Minutes
After some alterations requested by Cllr Wiles, the minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 3rd July 2017, were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

7. 2017/071 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
Tree – The clerk has written to the land owner regarding the overhanging tree at the bottom of the Recreation Ground drive. She has at present not received a response so will contact DCC and see if they can contact the land owner.

8. 2017/072 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £2112.77 was agreed by the Council.

The profit and loss statement for the first quarter of the year was agreed.
Cllr Kerr and Cllr Hamer wanted to find out if there was monies left over from the play area project. The clerk will contact Cllr Ruth and they will work out what has been paid.

9. 2017/073 Planning Matters
The clerk had previously circulated information regarding a big outline application at Stalbridge. The council have as statutory consultees been offered the option to comment. The councillors felt like they needed more time to look at the details before making comments and this will be on the next Planning Meeting agenda.

10. 2017/074 Councillors’ Reports

a. Parish:

Play Area/Recreation Ground – The updated play area has been a massive success and is very well used. Cllr Kerr noted that the fence post in the bridge needs replacing and once this is done he will arrange to get a Health and Safety inspection completed, and this will also include the grounds and the Skate park. Cllr Kerr queried there being some £1600 left over from the play park funds. The Clerk will check the invoices and report back

Dog Fouling/Waste Bins– Cllr Kerr gave an update on the acquisition of three dog waste bins and it was proposed by Cllr Kerr that the quotation he has circulated from Glasdon for the additional dog fouling bins be accepted, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour.
Cllr Kerr reported that concerning the dog fouling there seems to have been an improvement and that the notices have helped. Cllr Kerr will put a note in the Marnhull Messenger to thank people for taking more care in clearing up after their dogs.

Review of Marnhull Football Club contract for the year 2017/2018 – It was proposed by Cllr Wright that the Parish Council sign the new contract with the football club for 2017/2018 and the fees are reduced to £125 for the year due to only having one team, this was seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour.

Cricket Club Working Party – On going.

United front to Speed restrictions in our villages– The Chairman reported that he had received messages of support from seven local Parish Councils together with both North Dorset District Councillors and the Leader of North Dorset District Council to continue this initiative and it was felt by all Councillors that it was a good idea for the Chairman to meet with the Councillors from the surrounding Parishes and report back to the full council.

NDDC- Cllr Dowden explained that the application for the Jungle Hut Pre-school had received another extension in time.
He also explained that he was getting married and would be stepping down from his post in June/July next year and is moving out of the area also. The Chairman congratulated him on his forth coming marriage on behalf of the Council.

11.2017/075 Clerk’s Report

The clerk had nothing further.

12. Correspondence.
Nothing Further

13. 2017/076 Date of next meeting/s
Council Meeting Monday 4th of September 2017.

The meeting concluded at 8.20pm.