Minutes 6th of June 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 6th of June at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Chairman Cllr Vaughan
Cllr Cullender
Cllr Hamer
Cllr Wright
Cllr Wiles
Cllr Mrs L Ruth
Cllr Mr Ruth

The Clerk – Mrs S Upshall
Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.
Mr Sandy Kerr – Flood Warden.

There were 4 members of the public present.

1. The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed those present. He also ran through the Domestic Notices.

2. Public Consultation
Mr Eveleigh explained his concerns over the triangle of grass by Hain’s Lane and Nash Lane and the erosion of the grass made by large vehicles travelling along the lanes.
A member of the Village had spent some time restoring the verge only for it to be driven over again.
The Chairman reported that Mr Roger Bell did already have this on his list and concrete slabs were going to be placed around the triangle to stop vehicles driving on it.
Mr Eveleigh also reported that some chicken Manure had been dropped onto Nash Lane along by the Recreation Ground.

3. Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Westbrook.

4. Chairman’s Urgent Business.
Co-Option of New Councillor.
Mr Nick Chapman was co-opted onto the Council and the relevant forms were signed by Mr Chapman and the Clerk and will be forwarded to NDDC.
The Chairman also reported that there had been an offer of 1 bench and 4 garden chairs, all wooden for the Recreation Ground/Cemetery.

5. 2016/030 Declaration of Interest. [Regarding Agenda Items.] The Chairman for his expenses on the Payment Schedule.

A. GRANT OF DISPENSATIONS REGARDING DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS WHEN SETTING ANNUAL PRECEPT.
No changes reported.

6. 2016/038 Minutes
The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 4rd May 2016, and the planning
meeting of the 25th May 2016 were agreed and signed by the Chairman after a small
agreed alteration.
NB Cllr Dowden mentioned that Neighbourhood Plans are always taken into consideration there was a short discussion on the status of the NP.

7. Matters arising from the previous minutes.
The Councillor’s had received some training from DAPTC in the Village Hall and received a certificate.

8. 2016/039 Financial Matters

A. Payment Schedule-the total cost to the Parish Council for June was £1850.02. This was agreed by the Council.

B. Financial Statements for the 1st May were agreed.
Some discussion followed regarding the financial workings of the Parish Council. Cllr M Ruth is meeting with the clerk to have a look at the systems being used.
A working party was also formed of Cllr M Ruth, Cllr Cullender, Cllr Chapman and the Chairman who will discuss the financial regulations and the Standing Orders and report back to the rest of the Council. They will also discuss the Council taking on internet banking.

9. 2016/040 Planning Matters
The planning meeting minutes from 25th of May were discussed.

10. (A) DCC – No Report.

(B) NDDC – Cllr Dowden reported to the Council that the full annual Council meeting took place last week.

(D)PARISH.

Health and Saftey Officer – Mr Kerr informed the Council of the three quotes he had got for the playarea/Skatepark inspections.
It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Ruth that we accept the Play Inspections Company quote of £125, this was seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour.
Mr Kear thought the best time to have the inspection would be the end of September, beginning of October.

He also reported that the small gates were broken and rotted and he will gain quotes to have them fixed.
He also suggested that we have some signage for the max age of children on the equipment and also some signs with emergency details on.
Mr Kerr will speak with Mrs Locke and see if there were any ages restrictions put on the equipment.

Mr Kerr also reported that the signage on the defibrillator is inadequate at the moment however new permanent identification labels will be affixed as soon as possible.
The Clerk gave Mr Kerr the details of Clear Signs who the Parish Council had used previously with regard to the signage in the Recreation Ground.

Footpath Officer – Mr Ham reported on various footpath and stile issues in the Village.

Neighbourhood Planning – Cllr Mrs Ruth asked if there was a way she could find out how many new builds there had been in the Parish. Cllr Dowden explained that this could be found on the Dorset for you Website.

Stall at the Fest – After discussion it was decided that there was no need for a stall at the Fest.

Technology – Cllr Cullender had some ideas for a Parish Council website. He explained that the Parish Council should be publishing the Councillors register if interests and standing orders on the website.
The clerk explained that the NDDC website published all the Councillors details and registers of interests on their website. Cllr Cullender thought it may be an idea to have a link to this on the Parish Council site.
Cllr Cullender will contact Chris Ryu and discuss the possibility of some more things being added onto the Messenger Website.

Standing Orders – These are being discussed by the working party at a mutually convenient date.

Recreation Ground – The litter bins and dog waste bins have still not been emptied and
the clerk will chase up. The clerk did also inform everyone that they can also report
the problem and maybe the more reports they get the more action we will get.

The registering of the deeds is still ongoing and the Parish Council is waiting to hear from Rutter and Rutter.

Village Hall – Cllr Wright reported that she had been to the committee meeting and explained that there were 4 draft plans for the extension of the Village Hall. At the present time one set has not been agreed on.

The Chairman noted that the children at St Gregory’s will receive First Aid training the next day.
From St. John’s Ambulance Brigade.

10. 2016/041 Clerk’s Report
The Clerk reported on a water leak that there had been at the allotments. The leak has been fixed but there is a bill for £2296.14. The clerk reported the problems with the issue of the bill as although the water had been leaking previously when the engineer attended the site the leak had stopped and so at this point in time we are unable to prove that there was a leak. The clerk is continuing to investigate with Wessex Water.

11.2016/042 Correspondence

The Clerk reported that she had received a letter regarding the Church yard at St Gregory’s church. The Parish Council have the option to take up the maintenance due to the Church no longer being able to afford to be responsible for it. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Wright that the Parish Council do not take on St Gregory’s Church yard, this was seconded by Cllr M Ruth and all were in favour.
The letter will be signed and forwarded back to the secretary of the PCC. NDDC will have to accept responsibility for maintenance.

12. 2016/043 Date of next meeting/s
Council Meeting Monday 4th July 7pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting concluded at 8.55 pm.