Minutes 6th March 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 6th March at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.

Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)

Cllr Cullender

Cllr Wiles

Cllr Chapman

Cllr Mrs Ruth

Cllr Ruth
Cllr Kerr

Cllr Wright

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.

Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.

There were 2 members of the public present.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2017/012 Declarations of Interest Regarding a. Agenda Items

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

No changes reported

3. 2017/013 Public Consultation

At this point the Chairman introduced Cllr Carr-Jones who is the leader of NDDC and is standing as one of the candidates for the DCC Councillor position.

He explained what he believed to be the key issues for the area and how he hopes to be able to serve the Village of Marnhull as he has done for Stalbridge for the past 14 years.

Planning Meeting

2/2017/0275/VARIA Wyngate, Pilwell, Marnhull – Variation of condition No 2 against planning permission 2/2015/1182 to allow car ports.

Resolved: No Objection.

2/2017/0261/FUL extensions.

Marnhull Village Hall, Burton Street, Marnhull – Erect 2 no single storey

Resolved: No Objection.

4. 2017/014 Apologies for Absence. Cllr Mrs Hamer.

5. 2017/015 Chairman’s Urgent Business

The Chairman put forward two dates for the Annual Parish Assembly and Councillors decided on the 18th of April at 7pm in the Village Hall. The Chairman will advertise in the Messenger and display a notice on the boards.

6. 2017/016 Minutes

The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 6th of February 2017, were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

7. 2017/017 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)

The Chairman went through the items from the last meeting.

Defibrillator – to go forward to the April meeting.

NHS services – the clerk explained that she had received an apology email from Mr Hoare regarding Marnhull Parish Council being mentioned in the Blackmore Vale magazine. Cricket Club – The Chairman would like this on the agenda for the April meeting.

Cllr Cullender has checked the grit bins and they are all full.

The road sweeper has been around the Village although it hasn’t done all areas.
Cemetery Charges – A new document about these charges was circulated. This will be on the agenda for the April meeting.
It was proposed by Cllr Chapman that at this point we allow the family who would like 8 plots in the ashes circle to go ahead, this was seconded by Cllr Cullender and all were in favour. The clerk will send the family the relevant paperwork.

Communication Policy – the clerk had previously circulated the final version. The Chairman would like this clarified at the next meeting.

Registering of the Deeds – The Chairman would like this to also go onto Aprils meeting. Dog Fouling – Cllr Kerr reported that the posters had arrived and he would put up in areas where necessary.

Phone Mast – the Chairman reported that this was still on going.

8. 2017/018 Financial Matters

The clerk reported that there had been an update on the last Payment Schedule and the amount was £4276.98.

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £1581.73 was agreed by the Council.

9. 2017/019 Planning Matters

The Homestead – Councillors voted on this electronically and

Cllr Dowden asked the reasons why the Council had requested the Homestead be heard by the Development Control Committee. The Chairman explained the reasons were:

Adverse effect on the residential amenity of neighbours.

Over development of the sight

Effect of the development on the character of the neighbourhood Design and use of materials on the building.

The development is over-bearing and out-of-scale / character in terms of its appearance compared with existing development in the vicinity.

Has been constructed without planning permission.

Be heard by the Development Committee of NDDC

HAINS LANE -The Chairman updated the meeting on the hedge and driveway. Highways and Planning had attended the site, the Chairman had accompanied a member of the NDC Planning Committee and spoken to Mr Adlam who said he was aware of the hedge being in the wrong place and would be moving it he also reminded us that in fact his deeds showed that his property extended half way across the road in Nash Lane but would ensure the post van had enough room to park. Highways had inspected the work on the entrance and found it not in contravention of planning regulations.

10. 2017/020 Councillors’ Reports

a. DCC – No Report.

b. NDDC – Cllr Dowden reported to the Council that the case officer regarding the application for the new dwellings at Guy’s Garage is minded to refuse the application. He asked Councillors what materials they would like to see used on the new dwellings and after discussion they said Marnhull Stone. Cllr Dowden will take this back to the planning department.

Cllr Dowden was asked about the meeting he was going to set up regarding information on planning with The Stours. He explained that he didn’t get much response last time he suggested it but will try again in the April meeting.

Cllr Westbrook reported that there had been money allocated to the road infrastructure in the Gillingham area to help improve the roads. This will include an improvement for the crossroads at the West Stour and Kington Magna junction. Cllr Westbrook also asked if it could be passed onto Mrs Eveleigh that although Marnhull is not producing a Neighbourhood Plan the Council is still happy to receive any ideas for the Village.

Westminster Hospital at Shaftesbury is asking for support in their effort to prevent closure

c. Parish:

Play Area– Cllr Kerr asked all Councillors whether they had seen the documents he had circulated prior to the meeting. After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr Chapman that the Parish Council go with the Play Dale quote, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour.

Cllr Kerr then explained some very exciting news that AJN Steel had kindly agreed to donate £10,000 to the play area. This is fantastic and very much appreciated. All Councillors agreed that the Council now leave Cllr Kerr and Cllr Hamer to continue with this project and just report back to Council when necessary.

St Gregory’s Church Yard – It was discussed that we need a proper surveyor report on the Church Yard and a tree report before we proceed with taking on the Church Yard. The Chairman explained he was chasing these up and had made it clear that the wall needs to be made sound before we take it over and once we have them Cllr Kerr will be able to undertake a proper risk assessment. We also need to review the insurance policy in relation to the Church Yard and the clerk will forward the current policy to all.

Recreation Ground – Village Hall. The water bills and general responsibility for the Village Hall was again discussed. It was proposed by Cllr Chapman that a working party is formed to take this forward. This will consist of the Chairman, Cllr Mrs Wright, Cllr Chapman, and Cllr Mr Ruth. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs Ruth and all were in favour.

After some discussion Clerk Mrs Upshall agreed to draft an SLA re Cricket Club On the same lines of that in use for the Football Club

The Chairman read out an email from Cllr Hamer regarding the hedge behind the Tennis Court. There are also some old bits of metal in the hedge. Cllr Chapman will take this forward and liaise with Cllr Hamer over what needs doing and form a working party to take forward.

Village Hall – Cllr Wright explained that she will be attending the Executive meeting and she will report back to the Council.

Cllr Kerr raised the issue about the car park lines were breaking up again Cllr Cullender agreed to take it forward the chairman agreed to send him contact details. Cllr Cullender informed the meeting that BT had erected a telephone pole in Hains Lane which has gone through a drainage pipe which they believe is causing the flooding issue in that area. They will pursue BT to rectify the problem.

11.2017/021 Clerk’s Report

The clerk had nothing further to report.

12. Correspondence.

Nothing Further

13. 2017/022 Date of next meeting/s Council Meeting Monday 3rd of April 2017. Annual Parish Assembly 18th of April 2017.

The meeting concluded at 8.50 pm.