Minutes 5th November 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th November 2018 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Hamer
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Cullender
Cllr Wiles
Cllr M Ruth
Cllr Mrs L Ruth
Cllr R Tacon

Cllr Carr-Jones – DCC Councillor.
Cllr Mrs J Westbrook- NDDC Minutes
There were 11 members of the public present.

Planning Meeting

0433/FUL New Inn Farmhouse
Cllr Kerr mentioned that there were conditions attached, such as a bat loft, but it was felt that provided conditions were met, there was no objection.
Proposal: Approve, subject to conservation conditions being met. Proposed Cllr Hamer, 2nd Cllr Cullender (Unan)

1303/OUT Musbury Lane
Although outside the development boundary, pc has no objection. It should be noted that there is an error on the map, in relation to ownership, which was felt to be “slapdash” work. Cllr Cullender proposed approval, 2nd Cllr Wiles.
(6 in favour, 1 against)

1391/OUT New Street
Agent from Brimble Lea presented a proposal for 7 houses, he stated no objection from Highways. It was pointed out the Ecological Survey was inaccurate. Also, it is New Street, not New Road
Cllrs were concerned re traffic increase in New Street and felt 7 houses on that plot was too many. Proposal: Object on grounds of over development and, given the large number of speculative planning application, this will exacerbate the problems of traffic. Further, this application is under the threshold for affordable housing, so none will be delivered here. If officers are minded to approve, this application should come before the Development Committee.
Proposed Cllr Cullender, 2nd T Wiles (Unan)

1406/OUT Ham Lane
Agent from Brimble Lea presented application for two houses on east side of Vale Cottage, these being 2 storey and 1 ½ storey, which was unsuitable in an area where all are bungalows. Cllr Cullender felt this was overdevelopment.
Proposal: Object on grounds of over development and principe of garden grabbing per se. There are concerns re access and entry and proximity to Han Lane and Burton Street. If officers are minded to approve, this application should come before Development Committee and a site visit. Proposed: Cllr L Ruth 2nd Cllr Kerr (Unan)

1330/OUT Wisteria House
No information as to how many houses. This is a conservation area, access from New Street problematic. General comments again on volume of cars and lorries already passing down New Street. Proposal: Object, on grounds of not in keeping with a conservation area, over development of site, unsuitable access.
If officers minded to approve, this should come before Development committee.
Proposed: Cllr Kerr, 2nd L Hamer

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2018/090 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a) Agenda Items
None

b) Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept
None

3. 2018/091 Public Consultation
None

Council Session

4. 2018/092 Apologies for Absence
Cllr N Chapman. Clerk Mrs Sally Upshall

5. 2018/093 Chairman’s Urgent Business

None.

6. 2018/094 Minutes
The minutes for the 1st October 2018 were agreed and signed.

7. 2018/095 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
A. Defer re container
B. Burton Street Hedge – County Council has written to Siam Developments
C. Mirror in Pilwell – landlord will now talk to tenants
D. Telephone Box – now owned by Marnhull. New Street is fine, will be used as a library for adults and children, Burton Street – BT have address wrong, this will probably be used as a display area-promotion of events etc L Ruth will check on insurance
E. Grit bins R Cullender has checked all but 2, and they are topped up
F. Churchyard John Seear is happy to arrange with Helen for a clear up, done by his team. Cllr Kerr mentioned that DWT will come to churchyards to see if they are suitable for a wildlife reserve – which saves on maintenance. He will follow up.
G. Defibrillator. Cllr Hamer said a training date is needed and she will get a date in January. The Methodist Hall can be used for this if village Hall not available.

8. .2018/096 Financial Matters

a) Payment Schedule.
The Payment Schedule for October for £1982.33 was approved.
Questions were asked as to usefulness of DAPTC membership, Graham Carr Jones described its various benefits. There is a budget meeting on 15 November and most info is already available for this.

9. 2018/097 Planning Matters
Section 106 Agreement
Cllr Vaughan and Cllr Tacon spent some time in Dorchester meeting with NDDC Planners in order to get up to speed with the 106 Agreement and how it is best applied. They learned that it should be agreed ahead of planning applications being decided – if there is no S106 in place, and if you lose your appeal against an application, there will be no S106 money. The chair agreed with the planning advisors in Dorchester that he would get a formal S106 document, with proposals for Marnhull, back to them within the month. He will set up a working group to do this, to include Nick Chapman, and the document will be put in front of councillors for discussion prior to submission. It was proposed that they use the S106 document which was submitted by Fontmell Magna as a model, and Cllr Vaughan will get in touch with the chair of FM to obtain this. It was recommended that the planning advisor who has previously worked with the pc should be asked to contribute to this work.

10. 2018/098 Councillors’ Reports
DCC – Cllr Carr-Jones explained that Stalbridge and Marnhull was the name of the new ward, and that Debbie Ward was leaving DCC as CEO.

NDDC – Cllr Jane Westbrook explained that she was monitoring the progress of the three major planning applications for Marnhull and latest information it is expected the reports will not be ready till end of December

Parish Reports

A. Cllr Cullender reported that he had ten volunteers and had been in touch with the police re Speed watch training, and the cost was around £300 for the speed gun. He would find some dates for training and look into evaluation of sites to position the team.
B. Remembrance Parade the Chairman and Cllr Ruth volunteered to lay it
C. It was agreed to plant bulbs along the drive up to the Village Hall.
D. There was discussion as to how to close Burton Street Car Park for the Hub opening but this was differed till or if we get a formal request from the Post Office.

11. 2018/099 Clerk’s Report/s – None

12. Correspondence –
There was nothing further.

13. 2018/100 Date and time of next meeting:

14. Budget Meeting Thursday 15th November 2018 Methodist Hall at 7pm

15. Council Meeting Monday 3rd of December 2018 in the Village Hall at 7pm

The meeting concluded at 8.40 pm