Minutes 5th June 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 5th June 2017 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Mrs Ruth
Cllr Ruth
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Mrs Wright
Cllr Mrs Hamer
Cllr Cullender

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.

There were four members of the public present.

The Chairman asked all those present to join the Councillors in a minutes silence in memory of all those who lost their lives at London Bridge last Saturday.

Election of Vice Chairman
Cllr Wright proposed Cllr Chapman for the position of Vice Chair, this was seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour. Cllr Chapman accepted this nomination.

At this point Cllr Chapman left the meeting due to being unwell.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2017/044 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

No changes reported

3. 2017/045 Public Consultation
A member of the Village from Sackmore Lane spoke with regard to an update on the Phone Mast. He explained that there had been a contractor on site carrying out a soil test. When he spoke with the contractor he was told that should the soil test be acceptable then a planning application will be submitted. The Chairman thanked him for the information.

Mr Mann asked the Chairman as to whether the Registering of the Deeds of the Recreation Ground and Cemetery was completed. The Chairman confirmed that they were and thanked Mr Mann for his contribution while he was a Councillor towards this.

Mr Clarke spoke regarding his upset with the play area. He explained that he felt like he hadn’t been consulted and that the concreting of the picnic benches makes it very hard to mow. For these reasons he has decided he will no longer be prepared to cut the grass. The Parish Council gave a vote of Thanks to Mr Clark for all his fantastic work over many years and would look at some further recognition.
Cllr Hamer noted that she had been to see Mr Clarke previously regarding the installation of the new equipment.

4. 2017/046 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Wiles and Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.

5. 2017/047 Chairman’s Urgent Business
There were none.

6. 2017/048 Minutes
The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 8th May 2017, were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

7. 2017/049 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
Village Hall Management Committee – Cllr Wright explained that she had did not attend the last meeting as it was cancelled. She explained that the committee had looked into the new build rather than an extension but it would work out much more costly and so this is why they went with the extension.

SLA Footpaths – The information from Mr Ham Footpath Officer had been sent to Mr Stanley and this has now all been updated and the Clerk added that it would be cheaper next year.

Litter Bins- The clerk confirmed she had spoken with the owner of the flats in Burton Street regarding the bin collection.
Cllr Kerr explained that a bin keeps moving in the Recreation Ground but he has moved it back. It is though that this is being moved so people can climb up onto the roof. Cllr Wright will speak to the Village Hall Management Committee regarding some anti-vandalism paint for this area of the roof.

Telephone Boxes –

Cllr Mrs L Ruth informed the meeting that she is willing to take the phone box issue on and she fully understands that any decisions are to made by the Parish Council who will be kept fully informed. The clerk will pass on any details she has onto Cllr Mrs Ruth.

8. 2017/050 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £9332.00 was agreed by the Council.
There was some discussion regarding the invoice from Play Dale and Cllr Kerr will investigate further. The cheque for Play Dale will be kept by the clerk until she has had clarification from Cllr Kerr.

Profit and Loss summary.

b. Cllr M Ruth gave an overview of the information the clerk had circulated and all were happy with the figures and the bank balances were in line with what was expected.

Insurance – It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Ruth that we accept the insurance schedule from Came and Company and this was seconded by Cllr Cullender and all were in favour.

9. 2017/051 Planning Matters
There was nothing further on planning to be discussed.

10. 2017/052 Councillors’ Reports

a. Parish:

Play Area – Cllr Kerr and Cllr Hamer reported on the play area progress. The installers had done a fantastic job and the reason for the holdup was due to some parts being not being delivered.
The other equipment also has been cleaned up and Cllr Hamer wanted to thank the Cricket Club for the use of their equipment. The sand has also been delivered and put in place. The clerk has ordered the bark.
Discussion followed regarding the cutting of the play area from now and it was agreed that Cllr Hamer would consult the Cricket Club and Chris Woods and bring a plan back to Council.
Cllr Hamer asked if it was acceptable for her to purchase a new water butt in replacement for the broken one, this was agreed.

Dog Fouling – Cllr Kerr had consulted NDDC regarding extra dog waste bins who will get back to him with costs and whether this is something they would install for the Parish Council. The proposed locations are at the top of Church Hill, Ham Lane near the Ridgeway and by the Doctors Surgery footpath.

Cricket Club – After discussion it was proposed by the Chairman that a working party is formed to take forward the matters arising from this. The working party will consist of the clerk, Cllr Hamer, Cllr Wright, Cllr Kerr and Chaired by Cllr Chapman if he is in agreement. This was seconded by Cllr Cullender and all were in favour. The clerk will contact Cllr Chapman and arrange a meeting with the working party.
Cllr R Cullender thanked the Councillors for the letter of condolence.

Cllr Mrs Hamer asked if anyone was aware if a charge was made for the use of the Village Hall as a Polling Station. As no one knew the answer Cllr Hamer would make enquiries and report back

DCC – No Report.
NDDC Cllr Westbrook had nothing to report apart from the elections that are taking place on the 8th of June Cllr Kerr asked regarding some training about planning that Cllr Dowden had suggested putting together. Cllr Westbrook advised to contact Cllr Dowden to get something arranged. Cllr Westbrook also noted that the website Dorset for You is very informative.

11.2017/053 Clerk’s Report

The clerk said that she had received a letter regarding the second phase of the street lighting update and the letter was to inform the Parish Council of this should anyone have any concerns and all that is happening is the lighting the Village already have is being updated with more energy efficient lighting.

The Chairman noted that Southern and Scottish electricity have placed a generator in the Burton Street car park as they were unable to get it into the location needed in Love Lane. They will compensate for any damage that occurs due to this.

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Ruth that the email regarding burial plots for residents outside the Village be accepted although they will be charged double fees. This was seconded by Cllr Kerr and all were in favour. The clerk will contact them to let them know.
The clerk noted she had received a letter regarding the tree that had to be removed from the Recreation Ground due to being dead, and the family’s request for one to be replanted. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Cullender that the Parish Council’s decision not to allow this still stands and this was seconded by Cllr Kerr and carried on a 5-2 majority. The clerk will contact them but will also say that the Parish Council should they be able to find some land to do it on would like to have a space where memorial trees could be planted. The Chairman will put something in the Marnhull Messenger to see if any local landowners may have a piece of land they could donate for this.

The Clerk informed the meeting that she had received a letter from the Ministry of Justice about the closure of St Gregory’s Churchyard stating a twenty one day period to appeal against the closure.

12. Correspondence.
Nothing Further

13. 2017/054 Date of next meeting/s
Council Meeting Monday 3rd July 2017.

The meeting concluded at 8.25pm.