Minutes 3rd October 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd October 2016 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Cullender (Deputy Chairman)
Cllr Wiles
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Mrs Ruth
Cllr Ruth
Cllr Kerr

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

There were three members of the public present.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2016/077 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

The Chairman declared an interest regarding item 8 for expenses claim.

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

No changes reported

3. 2016/078 Public Consultation
Mrs Sturgess came to the meeting to say thank you to the Chairman for getting back to
Her with all the relevant information with regard to the usage of weed killer.
The Chairman explained that he had been back to DCC and discussed the issue further and been assured that weed killer is not used on footpaths. She also raised the issue of the state of the footpath that runs down too Ham Meadow Action by Footpath Officer

Mr Bryant raised two points. Firstly a note from Mr Ham regarding the Cricket Club covers, the Chairman explained that this would be covered later.

And he explained that the contact details did not appear on the Messenger website. Cllr Cullender said he would ensure that they were added or to at least provide a link to the relevant Dorset For You page. Action by Cllr Cullender.

Mr Clarke had attended the meeting to follow up regarding the allotments.
Cllr Chapman gave the council an update on the meeting that was held with regard to the allotments.
Some of the main points were that a working party is going too formed to sort out the overgrown allotments and then a drive to try and get the free ones taken over with begin in late winter early spring. An idea was that an open day could be held at the allotments.
Cllr Chapman also explained that at present there were 13 tenants who paid £21 per year.
The rental paid to the land owner is £450 per annum and the water is on average £150 per annum.
So at the present time the Parish Council are subsidising the allotments. If they were all full the rental would need to be £27 per annum to cover the costs.
After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Chapman that we increase the rent per plot to £25 at the start of the next calendar year, this was seconded by Cllr M Ruth and all were in favour.
Cllr Chapman also explained that the water is to be turned off between October and March.
After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Chapman that the Parish Council put a cap on the water bill of £200. Any excess will be shared equally between the allotment holders to a maximum of £20 per tenant. Any excess after that will be added onto the following years rent. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs Ruth and all were in favour.
Cllr Chapman will revise the allotments rules and forward to the clerk. Action by Cllr Chapman

4. 2016/079 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Mrs Hamer, Cllr Mrs Wright.
Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.
Cllr Mrs Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.
Mr Ham – Footpath Officer.

5. 2016/080 Chairman’s Urgent Business
The Chairman and the Clerk explained to the Council a situation that occurred with a Headstone in the Cemetery. The Council felt that the Headstone was permitted in the Cemetery and the clerk will contact the company and let them know.
The Clerk also informed the meeting that she had had a request for a burial from a family who had had no connection with the village she would find out more detail and email Councillors. Action by the Clerk
After discussion it was felt that w working party should be formed to look at the Cemetery rules and regulations and cost. This will consist of Cllr Mrs Hamer, Cllr Kerr, Cllr Cullender and Cllr Mrs Ruth. Action by committee

The Chairman explained that he had received an email from a member of the Village complaining that there were some minor issues with weeds and grass cuttings in the Cemetery. Cllr Kerr has been and checked this out and all issues are resolved.

The Chairman explained that the clerk’s printer broken. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Kerr that the clerk be authorised to purchase a new all in one printer one, this was seconded by Cllr Chapman and all were in favour. The Clerk said she would research what was available and circulate them around to see what Councillors thought. Action by the Clerk

Mr John Dowsett had come to speak to the council regarding an issue with the broken finger post sign at the grass triangle that boarders Hain’s Lane, Nash Lane and Great Down Lane. The sign has been broken for some time and Mr Dowsett has already renovated some parts of it to a cost of £350. To complete the renovation it would look like costing £800 in total. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Chapman that a one off payment of £400 be made towards the finger post, on the basis that this is not a precedent in the sense that as a Council we will not automatically support the renovation of finger post signs in the Village, this was seconded by Cllr Kerr and carried on a 6-1 majority.

6. 2016/081 Minutes
The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 5th September 2016, were agreed and signed by the Chairman after a small amendment as were the Planning Minutes from the 24th of August 2016.

The clerk will forward Cllr Cullender a copy of the amended minutes for inclusion in the
Messenger. Action by the Clerk

7. 2016/082 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
The Chairman explained that he had received contact from Helen Butler regarding the Church Yard. Our forms and correspondence had never been received. The Chairman will contact Helen Butler and we can proceed from there will forwarding duplicate copies.
Action by the Chairman.

The car park lines are still ongoing the company had reported that they had attended at 0430 one morning but it was raining and because of the time decided to withdraw but did not contact anybody but assured the Chairman that it would be re done when possible.

The outstanding issue of storage for Marnhull Football Club was raised but no information was available. Referred to next meeting

The Chairman had received an email from the phone mast company explaining that we were still on their database, but there had been no further action at present.

8. 2016/082 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £2615.56 was agreed by the Council.
b. Cllr M Ruth ran through the financial items the clerk had sent out. The annual grants will be paid out next month. Cllr M Ruth will review the impute into the Financial Regulations and it was agreed they would be Standing Orders no 1
c. Action by Cllr M Ruth
d. A budget meeting date needs to be set and the clerk will try for the week beginning the 14th of November and get some Village Hall available dates.
Action by the Clerk

9. 2016/083 Planning Matters
Discussion took place regarding the timing of the meetings in the winter months.
The council felt that leaving them on a Wednesday at 6.30pm was best and if a site
Visit needed to take place then this could be arranged for a time in the day lights hours.

10. 2016/084 Councillors’ Reports

a. DCC – No Report.
b. NDDC – No Report.
c. Parish:

Grit bins – Cllr Cullender will check the grit bins and see which ones may need refilling. Action by Cllr Cullender

Drains – The clerk explained that there were some blocked drains on New Street and Cllr Cullender will report this. Action by Cllr Cullender

Complaints Procedure – This is ongoing and will be incorporated into the new Standing Orders. The Chairman will send a copy to all Cllrs Action by the Chairman

Adoption of the Data Protection Policy – It was proposed by the Chairman that this was adopted and be Standing Order no 2 seconded by Cllr Chapman and all were in favour.

What Next – The Chairman raised the issue of reviewing Standing Orders and that Health & Safety had to be adopted as Standing Order No 3 and we should also look at how we deal with correspondence. Action by Cllr Cullender

Recreation Ground – Cllr Kerr explained that the water meters had been read and these were all in good usage levels.

Cllr Kerr has informed the company that is going to cut the tree down in the Play area and this will be done soon.

After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Ruth that we do not use weed killer on the Recreation Ground. This was seconded by Cllr Cullender and all were in favour.
Cllr Kerr will pass all this onto Cllr Hamer and the Cricket club will be informed.
The clerk has asked Mr Stokes to go ahead and cut the Recreation Ground hedge.
Cllr Cullender explained that he felt the hedge by the entrance to the Recreation Ground was in need of some trimming, this is something that maybe Chris Woods could undertake. Action by Mr Stokes

Dog on the Recreation Ground – There had been concerns raised over the level of dog mess that is on the Recreation Ground and the Cemetery. Discussion followed on the best way to try and alleviate this problem.
It was thought that in the first instance the best way forward would be an article in the Messenger. Action by Cllr Kerr
Cllr Kerr will also look into Dog Control orders in connection with possible implementation of them within the Recreation ground and Cemetery and further ways this may be able to be implemented. Action by Cllr Kerr

11.2016/085 Clerk’s Report
The clerk had nothing further to report.

12. Correspondence.

None

13. 2016/086 Date of next meeting/s

Council Meeting Monday 7th of November at 7pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting concluded at 8.42 pm.