Minutes 3rd July 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd July 2017 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Mrs Ruth
Cllr Ruth
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Mrs Wright
Cllr Mrs Hamer

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.

Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.

Cllr Carr-Jones – NDDC Councillor and DCC Councillor.
There were six members of the public present.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2017/055 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

Cllr Kerr’s expenses.

3. 2017/056 Public Consultation
Mr Eveleigh spoke regarding his concern over the dead Willow tree that was leaning over onto the drive of the Recreation Ground. Cllr Hamer asked for Mr Eveleigh to show her the position of the tree after the meeting to determine if the tree was on private land. Once this was established the council will take the necessary steps to having it tended to.
Mr Eveleigh also asked about the large sign that the developer had erected at Corner Close. He felt the sign was unnecessarily large and is distracting for drivers. The Chairman explained that the sign was on private land so there would be little the Parish Council could do about it and hopefully once the development is finished and the houses occupied the sign would be removed.
Mr Eveleigh also reported to the council his concern over the old stone slab wall outside Bowyer’s Cottage that has been replaced with a dry stone wall. He was concerned as to why the Conservation Officer didn’t raise this during the planning application. Mr Eveleigh will take this up with NDDC and the Conservation Officer and report back to the Council.

Mr Watson spoke over his concern that the grass and hedges were covering up road signs in the Village. The clerk explained that this could be reported on the Dorset for You website. Mr Watson was concerned that then the tractors would come to cut the hedges and damage the signs. Cllr Chapman said he would tend to the signs on Mowes Lane and suggested that maybe other members of the Village attended to signs near where they lived.

4. 2017/057 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr Cullender, and Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.

5. 2017/058 Chairman’s Urgent Business
He handed the Clerk a cheque for £25-00 being the proceeds of sale of Eight Walks around Marnhull books to the Post Office Clerk acknowledge and will send a receipt to the post Office.

6. 2017/059 Minutes
The minutes of the Planning Meeting held on the 25th May 2017, and those of the Council Meeting held on the 5th of June were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

7. 2017/060 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
Telephone Boxes – Cllr Mrs Ruth – Ongoing.
Water Butt – Cllr Hamer has now purchased the water butt and it is been given to the Cricket Club to install.
Village Hall- Cllr Wright explained that the Village Hall cost for rental for the Election was £150.
The Chairman brought up the subject of the family requested a replacement tree in the Recreation Ground. The clerk reminded the Chairman that this was only discussed and voted on last month and so the decision stands at the present time.

8. 2017/061 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £9125.85 was agreed by the Council.

9. 2017/062 Planning Matters
1, Lovell’s Mead – Further comments had been sent. The Chairman added that it could turn out to be a permitted development Cllr Willes stated that his information was that it was not.

Telephone Mast, Sackmore Lane- Cllr Chapman explained that the developers in the first instance had asked for comments and it was now being shown as a permitted development and nothing more could be done by the Parish Council. The Chairman added that Planning Applications and Permitted Developments where two different things.
– Mr Rickards spoke with regard to the application that had been submitted. He explained that there were points on the application which were not correct and he has forwarded all his objections to NDDC.
The Chairman explained that they were trying to put this through as a permitted development and the Parish Council have also reiterated their objections to the Case Officer at NDDC.
The clerk gave the details of the Case Officer to the neighbours and Cllr Westbrook also explained that she had spoken with the Case Officer with regard to some points of the application which would mean a new application being submitted.

10. 2017/063 Councillors’ Reports

a. Parish:

Play Area/Recreation Ground – Cllr Hamer reported that Tony Clarke is back cutting the grass in the playarea for which the Parish Council are very grateful. Chris Woods is assisting with the strimming.
The bark is due to be delivered next this week and once down a grand opening with the Toddler Group will be arranged. Cllr Kerr added that the Bridge feature has rotten posts that need replacing if all are happy I will get it sorted

Dog Fouling/Waste Bins– Cllr Kerr had previously circulated information he had received about installing new dog fouling bins at a cost of £120 each plus fitting. After discussion he proposed that places for them to go be identified and then the Parish Council contact the necessary landowners, seconded by Cllr Hamer and all were in favour.
Cllr Kerr is going to pick up some more signs regarding dog mess from Clear Signs this week for putting up around the Village.

Review of Marnhull Football Club contract for the year 2017/2018 – After discussion and the Chairman read an email from the Chair of Marnhull Football Club Cllr Chapman proposed that the contract stayed as it was for the next year with the dates updated, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and the Chairman would get the dates changed and get it signed off.

Cricket Club Working Party – Cllr Chapman gave an update on the meeting himself, Cllr Wright, Cllr Hamer and the clerk had attended. The purpose being to try and come to an agreement with the Cricket Club to get a contract similar to the one for the Football Club in place.
After discussion it was decided for the clerk and Cllr Chapman to meet with Rob Norton from the Cricket Club to discuss further. Due to Cllr Chapman being unwell the clerk meet with Mr Norton. He is more than open to getting a contract together and the Cricket club would be able to provide the Parish Council with all their fixtures by the end of March each year. Mr Norton has taken a copy of the contract to have a look through and then will meet with us again to proceed further. It was proposed by Cllr Chapman that the clerk prepare a draft agreement and can be viewed by the working party to then come back to the full Council for agreement, this was seconded by Cllr Wright.

Thank God for Marnhull – The Chairman explained that this was an event taking place on the weekend of the 8th/9th of July. After discussion it was decided that the Council would not take part in the advertising event on the 8th but any Councillors who should wish to could attend the service on the 9th.

B3092 – The Chairman explained that he had received an email regarding concerns over the speed on the road. After much discussion it was proposed by the Chairman that we contact other Parishes in the area to discuss further and see if this is something that can be taken further, this was seconded by Cllr Chapman. Cllr Carr-Jones requested that he be copied into emails it was also agreed that something would be put in the next issue of the Messenger

DCC –Cllr Carr-Jones gave an updated on how things had been since he had been elected. He has attended his first full Council meeting and has been getting used to County Hall. He explained how he was looking forward to working within the community.

NDDC- Cllr Westbrook explained that there is going to be a new planning system implemented that will hopefully make the system quicker and more straight forward.

At this point the Chairman asked around the table if any Councillors had anything further.
Cllr Wright explained that she had asked the Village Hall about the anti-climbing paint and apparently it was used about 8-10 years ago. The Village Hall are happy to look into getting some but maybe just having signs up saying there is some would be enough of a deterrent. Cllr Wright will follow up.
Cllr Hamer explained that there had been some graffiti on the bench near the skatepark. She will ask Ian after advice from Cllr Carr-Jones as apparently he is very good at removing it!
Cllr Wiles asked the Chairman if a meeting had taken place between himself, Cllr Chapman and the clerk as per an email that had been sent. The Chairman replied no onward going.

11.2017/064 Clerk’s Report

The clerk had nothing further.

12. Correspondence.
Nothing Further

13. 2017/065 Date of next meeting/s
Council Meeting Monday 7th of August 2017.

The meeting concluded at 8.25pm.