Minutes 1st of August 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 1st of August at 7.00pm in the Village Hall

Present.
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Cullender (Deputy Chairman)
Cllr Wiles
Cllr Wright

Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.
Cllr Westbrook – NDDC Councillor.
Mr Sandy Kerr – Safety Officer

There were 6 members of the public present.

Co-Option of New Councillor.
Mr Kerr was asked and answered the necessary questions needed for co-option onto the Parish Council.
It was proposed by Cllr Wiles and seconded by Cllr Wright that Mr Kerr be co-opted onto the Council. He will fill in the necessary forms and return them to the Clerk.

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2016/055 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a. Agenda Items

The Chairman declared an interest regarding item 8 for his mileage claim and expenses.

Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept

No changes reported

3. 2016/056 Public Consultation
The Chairman asked any members of the public if they had any issues to raise that
Weren’t on the agenda.
Mr Mann asked to raise several points. The pot holes in Burton Street past the shop.
The bank on Burton Street belonging to Orchard House.
The hedges on Sodom Lane.
The Chairman explained that these would all be dealt later on within the agenda.

Cllr Cullender to update under Parish reports

4. 2016/057 Apologies for Absence.
Cllr L Ruth, Cllr M Ruth and Cllr Hamer.

Cllr Dowden – NDDC Councillor.

5. 2016/058 Chairman’s Urgent Business –None

6. 2016/059 Minutes
The minutes of the Council Meeting held on the 4th July 2016, were agreed and signed
by the Chairman.

7. 2016/060 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
Planning – New plan regarding 14 Sackmore Green – some updated plans had been forwarded to Councillors but these did not affect their decision at the recent planning meeting.
Footpaths – N4711 diversion order currently awaiting resolution.
Mrs Sturges explained that there had been an incident on her land of some weed killer being used. Mrs Sturges does not know who had done this and the Chairman confirmed that this was not done by the DCC Rangers as they do not use chemicals on any of the footpaths. Mrs Sturges is concerned for the wildlife, dogs and children that use the footpath. After discussion it was decided that the Chairman would put an article in the Messenger on the policy of the care of footpaths and Mrs Sturges will let the Chairman have some photos of the problem for the article.

Me re WEEDKILLER

Village Hall extension – Cllr Wright explained the plans for the extension. She also noted that there had been discussion regarding providing a toilet for public use that the Parish Council would be responsible for.
It was proposed by the Chairman that the Parish Council would not support the installation of the public toilet facility and this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour.
The Chairman explained that all the meetings were going to be recorded to help with minute taking and that the meeting would be advised at the start.
Henstridge Airfield – Cllr Westbrook explained that she has attended the meeting regarding the changes in the conditions. She explained that it was a change to the acrobatics and there is no increase in commercial activity.
Cricket Pitch Covers – Mr Ham noted that the covers were still not being moved, the Chairman said he will contact the Cricket Club.

Done and assured they are

Great Down Lane – No further action and we will monitor the situation.
Car park lines – On Going. ME UPDATE MEETING
Bins – After much discussion it was proposed by Cllr Chapman that the Chairman get a quote from the individual that Stalbridge Council use to empty their bins to empty our once a week, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour.

AGENDA ITEM

The sign for the defibrillator is now completed.
An email had been circulated previously regarding the hire of the Recreation Ground for a folk festival. After discussion it was decided that the clerk would reply to ask for some further information regarding this and report back to the Council.

Agenda Item

The Chairman noted that he had received a complaint regarding building work taking place at Little Alice. The Chairman will contact Cllr Dowden when he is home to discuss further and gain more information.

ME UPDATE

8. 2016/061 Financial Matters

a. Payment Schedule. The Payment Schedule of £1409.02 was agreed by the Council.
b. Financial Statements. The Financial Statement had not been produced this month due to the changes that are under discussion with the finances and the way reports are going to be brought to the Council each month.
c. Finance Meeting. The Finance working party are meeting on the 15th of August to discuss the finances further.

AGENDA ITEM 8

9. 2016/062 Planning Matters
Nothing Further.

10. 2016/063 Councillors’ Reports

a. DCC – No Report.
b. NDDC – Cllr Westbrook explained that the travellers that were at the Todber lay by are now at St James. Hopefully if they can get settled at Five Bridges which is their preferred place then the lay by at Todber could be re-opened.
She also explained that the Council offices in Blandford were being sold to raise some much needed funds.
She also asked the Council whether we had information on the Dorset Accessible Home Service sent to us? The clerk replied that we hadn’t but it would be helpful information especially for Marnhull Cares. Cllr Westbrook gave the Chairman a copy for Marnhull Cares which he will pass on.

ME UPDATE SHOW LEAFLETS

c. Parish:

Allotment Water Leak: Cllr Chapman explained the information he had gained and the situation at the present time. After discussion Cllr Chapman proposed that the water be turned off in winter period, Cllr Wright seconded this and all were in favour.
It was also proposed by Cllr Chapman that the clerk try and negotiate a reduction in the bill, but that the Parish Council do pay it, this was seconded by Cllr Wiles and all were in favour.
Cllr Chapman and the clerk will get together at a mutually convenient time to discuss the allotments.
The chairman notified the meeting that a new Tenant Agreement needed to be issued Cllr Chapman requested a copy of the current agreement which the Chairman will send him.

AGENDA ITEM

Recreation Ground/Cemetery Registration: It was proposed by the Chairman that we set aside £400 for the solicitor’s fees should it be necessary, this was seconded by Cllr Chapman and all were in favour.

Assembly Point Sign: The sign on the old toilet block will be removed and replaced with our own sign.

CLLR KERR

Marnhull Football Club: Discussion followed regarding an email that the clerk had circulated about the use of the football pitch for Marnhull Football Club.
It was proposed by the Chairman that subject to contract we accept the use of the Recreation Ground for the Football Club, this was seconded by Cllr Wright and all were in favour. The clerk to send a copy of the contract to the Chairman.
The clerk will also ask for a copy of the hire agreement from John Dowsett regarding the use of the Pavilion.

AGENDA ITEM

Health and Safety: Cllr Kerr is going to get some signs made up for the age limit on the play equipment.

UPDATE CLLR KERR

Cllr Cullender is going to report the pot holes outside the Post Office on Burton Street.

The drains and gullies are due to be cleared out by DCC.

UPDATE CLLR CULLENDER

10. 2016/064 Clerk’s Report

Nothing to report

11. 2016/065 Date of next meeting/s

Council Meeting Monday 5th September at 7pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting concluded at 8.50 pm.