Minutes 1st October 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st October 2018 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Vaughan (Chairman)
Cllr Chapman
Cllr Hamer
Cllr Kerr
Cllr Cullender
Cllr Wiles
Sally Upshall – Clerk
Cllr Carr-Jones – DCC Councillor.
There were 18 members of the public present.

Planning Meeting

2/2018/1124/OUT Land North of Crown Road.
Develop land by the erection of 103 no dwellings and new community facilities. ( Outline application to determine access and layout).

Resolved: Objection
The Chairman gave an outline of the powers of the Parish Council regarding planning.
He then read out the Parish Councils list of objections to the application which will be forwarded with the section 106 requirements to the planning officer. The Parish Council also request that should North Dorset District Council be minded to approve this application then they request that it is dealt with by the Development Control Committee.
The full details of the Parish council objections can be viewed on line or by requested them from the clerk at mpcclerk@sallyupshall.f2s.com.

2/2018/0991/FUL Land opposite Shepherds Close Farm.
Erect 1 no agricultural building for the storage of machinery, equipment, materials and fodder, form hardened track.

Resolved: No Objection.
2/2018/1236/VARIA Land at E 378916 N 119142, Corner close, Marnhull.
Erect 3 no dwellings with vehicular access and parking. (Variation of condition no 3 of Planning Permission 2/2105/1420/FUL to change the end gables from render to brick/render finish).
Resolved: No Objection

1. Welcome & Domestic Notices

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notices.

2. 2018/090 Declarations of Interest Regarding
a) Agenda Items

b) Grant of dispensations regarding Disclosable Pecuniary Interests when setting the Annual Precept
None

3. 2018/091 Public Consultation
Mr Eveleigh spoke about further issues with the developers at Sackmore Lane and his frustration of planning conditions not being adhered to. The Council explained that he should approach the site manager as he is helpful and will try and help where he can.
Cllr Graham Carr-Jones further explained the procedure of informing North Dorset Development Control on any issues of concern.

Council Session
4. 2018/092 Apologies for Absence
Cllr Tacon, Cllr Mrs Ruth, Cllr Mr Ruth and Cllr Jane Westbrook.

5. 2018/093 Chairman’s Urgent Business
None.

6. 2018/094 Minutes
The minutes for the 3rd of September 2018 were agreed and signed.

7. 2018/095 Matters arising from the previous minutes (not on agenda)
A. The container at the Recreation Ground – deferred to the next meeting.
B. The hedges along Burton Street still have not been cut, the clerk will forward a
Follow up letter to the developer.
The Chairman reported that he had done some research regarding the mirror in
Pilwell and he is awaiting the outcome as the land is leased and he will go
through the paperwork and come back to us.
C. The paperwork has been signed and the cheque is now received.
D. Mrs Boyce spoke re the community hub. Below is a copy of her report.
Progress Report to Marnhull Parish Council
1. At the open meeting on 8 September 20 people signed up to volunteer to sit at the desk when the Hub opens. We also have a working party to help Adrian clear the premises, clean and prepare the shop for opening.
2. We are pleased to report an incredibly positive response from the village with regard to our fundraising. This has taken the format of sponsoring tiles in the butcher’s shop. 3. Currently we have raised £1000 for the sponsoring of the ‘art’ wall for
3 years and a total of £590 from other businesses and individuals. Our grand total today is £1610.
4. This means that we are able to open the Hub on December 14 at 3pm with a carol concert including donkeys and mince pies! This support from the village will also help to pay the rent of £200 per month until other fundraising avenues come through.
5. Other fundraising approaches have been made to Tescos Bags of Help and Dorset Community Innovation Fund Round 3 which we hope to hear fairly soon if we have been successful.
6. Adrian is in the process of getting us a licence to use the shop and maybe the store room in the future if we are successful with his solicitors
7. We now have a bank account with HSBC and people are already paying money in by BACS. 8. We may also do some crowd funding but at the moment the sponsored tile project is being so successful that we
9. Siam Builders have not come back with any offer of funds. They say they will consider it when they have sold some of the houses although they say the affordable housing places a lot of financial pressure on them!
10.Finally just to say I have managed to buy a wooden till from the 1940/50s for the Hub. The ring when opening the drawer alone is enough to bring back many memories for the older generation who remember them!

The Parish Council thanked Mrs Boyce for her hard work in getting this off the ground.

E. Cllr Cullender reported that he had seven volunteers at present and he is hoping to get ten, so he is continuing trying to recruit some more.
F. SID’s – This is on hold due to the community speed watch.
G. Defibrillator – This is on going and Cllr Hamer will report back.
H. Cllr Hamer reported that Nick Chard has cut the Church Yard and the clerk has paid him.
I. The Chairman and Vice Chair have been to see the site manager and he will not remove the advertising board.

8. .2018/096 Financial Matters

a) Payment Schedule.
The Payment Schedule for September for £1982.33 was approved.

9. 2018/097 Planning Matters
There was nothing further.

There was a note from a member of the public regarding the footpath on the plans for the new application that they now plan to bring the footpath onto the land the other side of the building line.
And the two storey houses that are backing onto Ashley road with now be bungalows.

10. 2018/098 Councillors’ Reports
DCC – Cllr Carr-Jones explained that it is six months now until the new council is formed. He also explained that Matt Prosser had been appointed as the new Chief Executive Of NDDC. In general terms the day job is continuing but work on setting up the new authority was increasing.

Parish Reports

Poppin Café Poppies – Mrs Pentland explained that there should be in the new future poppies around the Village to commemorate World War 1. There has also been a solider applied for through the British Legion.

Garden Club Village planting – This is taking place along Kentisworth close and New Street. This is taking place on the 21st of October and the 30th of October and they are looking forward to having volunteers coming and helping out on those dates.

Date for the November Budget Meeting – The clerk will see what dates the Village Hall have free.

New Comers Party – The feedback was very positive from the New Comers party and it was enjoyed by all those who attended. A change of when the packs will be issued has taken place with them now being given when first contact is made and their details are recorded so that an invitation to the next New Comers Party can be sent out.

Grit bins – Cllr Cullender will get any filled that need to be ready for the winter months.

Cllr Chapman explained that he had not given up on the idea of the Neighbourhood Plan but it is a very large project to take forward without inform volunteers He had put an article in the Messenger and was waiting for any enquiries.

Cllr Cullender reported that Hain’s Lane is due to be resurfaced following some repair work and the fixing of a number of potholes

The Chairman asked all those present if anyone would like to find out more about becoming a Parish councilor and if they were interested please ask for more details as it would be good to fill in the vacancies.

11. 2018/099 Clerk’s Report/s – The clerk had nothing further to report.

12. Correspondence –
There was nothing further.

13. 2018/100 Date and time of next meeting

14. Council Meeting Monday 5th of November 2018 in the Village Hall at 7pm
The meeting concluded at 8.03 pm