Minutes 11th January 2021

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Monday the 11th January 2021
This was a Virtual Meeting of the Parish Councillors due to the current restrictions surrounding Covid 19.

Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr Tacon – Vice Chairman, Cllr Cullender, Cllr L Ruth, Cllr Winder, Cllr Hurlow, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Hamer and Cllr Looker.
Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk.
There were five members of the public present.
Mr Turner and Mrs O’Malley two prospective new councillors were also present.
Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Council.
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

1. Public Consultation
Mr Dowsett spoke regarding some problems they have had at the Village Hall with regard to littering including broken glass and some disturbance to the roof with people climbing on it. The chairman noted that the Parish council will discuss further and have it on the agenda in February.
2. Apologies of absence.
There were none.
3. Declaration of Interest and Dispensations
The Chairman regarding his expenses.
4. Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 7th of December 2020 were approved.
Matters arising from the last meeting –
Rep for DAPTC – Cllr Winder has kindly volunteered for this post; the Chairman has already sent some information to Cllr Winder regarding DAPTC.
Dog Signs Update Cllr Looker – The signs are now erected.
Chestnut Close Update – the Chairman following on from his letters has called several times with no reply. Closed
Wilding Project Cllr Hamer Update – Mrs Sturgess is managing this and she will contact Mr Butress.
Councillor Training All – The Chairman has sent Councillors a list of training and will check on progress before the next meeting.
Cricket, Football and Fest Container contracts Cllr Looker Update – Cllr Looker is waiting for the legal representative to reply before being able to finalise these. He noted that they will be completed by the February meeting.

To consider planning received, up to the time this Agenda was posted.
P/VOC/2020/00112: Blakes Cottage Carraway Lane – Convert existing outbuilding to 1 No. unit of holiday accommodation and create 1 No. additional parking space (demolish existing conservatory). (Removal of condition No. 3 from Planning Permission 2/2014/0016 to remove restriction of holiday accommodation)

Resolved: No Objection – although we request a further condition that the permanent dwelling status be limited to the applicant’s mother’s occupation; when this comes to an end, the original condition 3 be reinstated. This was agreed by all.

Cllr Hurlow declared a prejudicial interest in this application and refrained from discussion or the vote.
P/HOU/2020/00158: The Bay House New Street – Erect first floor extension
Resolved: No Objection.

P/OUT/2020/00179: 10 New Street – Outline application for the erection of 1no. dwelling.
Resolved: Objection. There is no description of the proposed development in the application. The Parish Council consider the application invalid. This was agreed by all.
P/HOU/2020/00151: Little Thatch, Mounters – Proposed Dormer Window to Replace Balcony

Resolved: No Objection.

P/FUL/2020/00251: LAND AT E 378925 N 119315 SODOM LANE – Erect a pair of semi detached cottages including forming an entrance and parking.

Resolved: Objection due to hazard to traffic travelling into and along Sodom Lane. This was agreed by all.

P/FUL/2020/00137: Orchard House Burton Street – Conversion of outbuilding (former cow stall) to ancillary home gym & conversion of storage building (former stables) into residential accommodation

Resolved: No Objection.

P/LBC/2020/00138: Orchard House Burton Street – Conversion of outbuilding (former cow stall) to ancillary home gym & conversion of storage building (former stables) into residential accommodation
Resolved: No Objection.
P/FUL/2020/00293: Location: Marnhull Reed Beds Water Recycling Centre (WRC) (formerly Sewage Treatment Works) Marnhull Sturminster Newton DT10 1NQ Proposal: Installation of a Motor Control Centre (MCC) kiosk.
Resolved: No Objection.

5. Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Councillor – Cllr Carr-Jones reported that he had spoken to Inspector Bell regarding getting some speed watch staff outside St Gregory’s. His response was to request members of the village to report poor driving, as at the moment there are not the incidents on record to warrant getting the staff there.
The budget is due to be finalised with a 2% increase in Council tax and Dorset Council have purchased St Mary’s School in Shaftesbury which will be used as a special education setting.
6. Chairman’s urgent business-report
Marnhull Village Care is continuing with the care and has the facility of a number of volunteers. There has been a number of enquiries over the last couple of weeks. The contact numbers will be published to the Village again.
The Chairman noted that sadly Mike Ruth has resigned from the Council and the Council thanked him for all his hard work as a Councillor and the Chairman has previously given him his certificate.
The Church wall work will commence when the warmer weather arrives, he has sourced all the necessary stone.
7. Accounts –
The Payment Schedule for January 2021 for the sum of £4504.08 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
The payment schedule includes a £3,000 cheque to Marnhull Village Hall which was previously agreed on November’s schedule but has subsequently had to be reissued.
The profit and loss account had previously been circulated.
To receive Councillors reports:
Review of Standing orders update – there are still some further standing orders to be reviewed. Cllr Tacon has agreed to undertake on some further standing orders to review. The date for the annual review was discussed and it was agreed to have the same month December for all the standing orders on an annual basis.
Village Hall Roof damage, Paint, cameras and broken bottles – Already discussed.
Defibrillator donation from Howdens – Cllr Mrs Hamer reported that the Parish Council had received another generous donation from Howden’s building supplies towards the defibrillator outside The Crown. Once the clerk has received a contact name she will write a letter of thanks to Howden’s.
Gutters and Verges – Mr Watson spoke regarding this and explained that he has been the lead to understand that these are now the responsibility of the households and land owners. The Chairman noted that the team is recently under new management. Mr Watson asked what it the position of the Parish Council to make provision regarding this maintenance. The Chairman and Cllr Winder will make further enquiries and it will be on the February agenda.
Dorset Local Plan – The Parish Council’s comments need to be sent back by the 18th of January and Cllr Cullender expressed that members of the Village should be included in our response. Cllr Cullender suggested some ways of getting the Village involved and perhaps getting a group together to produce a response.
Cllr Carr-Jones noted this is 12 week consultation and explained that the county council are looking to see if the Parish Council had a view that they would like to submit.
Cllr Cullender will put something together for the Marnhull Messenger.

Correspondence and items for the next meeting
Mr Finches email – the Chairman will reply to Mr Finch.
Hedges and tree in the Recreation Ground – Cllr Hamer has formulated a reply to the email we received from a member of the Village. The clerk will forward Cllr Hamer’s reply to Miss Chant.

Items for the next agenda.
SIDS and speed limits.
Road Signs.
Salisbury Street Accident
Mrs Stockley – Hand rail into the Recreation Ground – Cllr Hamer and Cllr Hurlow will go to the Rec and decide on a course of accident.
8. Date / Times of next meeting
Virtual Meeting 1st February 2021 at 7pm.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.05 pm