Draft Minutes

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday the 2nd December the Village Hall, Marnhull.

Present: Cllr Vaughan – Chairman, Cllr Cullender, Cllr Wiles, Cllr Holdship, Cllr Mrs Ruth, Cllr M Ruth, Cllr Looker, Cllr Mrs Hamer and Cllr Mrs Collis.

Attendance: Mrs Sally Upshall – Clerk,
30 members of the public.
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present and announcing the Domestic Notice. The Chairman asked if anyone present wished to record the meeting, there was no requests. The Chairman reported that he will be recording the meeting only for clarification for the minutes, this recording will be deleted after the minutes have been produced.

Public Consultation
Mr Eveleigh spoke regarding a development he had read about in Okeford Fitzpaine, he was enquiring regarding funding that may come into the Village from any developments. The Chairman explained the process of a 106 agreement.
Mr Eveleigh asked Cllr Cullender to read out some information he had regarding Chestnut close.
Mr Eveleigh explained his frustration that processes had not been followed and that certain things had not been followed through. He also requested if the Parish council could enquire as to whether the Sec 38 had been complied with.
Apologies of absence.
Cllr Tacon, Cllr Holdship.
Cllr Carr-Jones – DC Councillor.

Declaration of Interest and Dispensations
Cllr Looker for his expenses on the payment schedule.

Approval of the minutes – The minutes of the meeting that was held on the 4th November 2019 were agreed and signed.
Matters arising from the last meeting –
A Sackmore Green- The owner of the field has given permission for the tree to be removed and Cllr Collis will co-ordinate the removal of the tree.
B. Burton Street boundary of Chestnut close – Mr Eveleigh passed over the email he had received.
C Recreation ground and play area electrical box update- The new box has been placed on the electrical box; Mr Cudlip will send us his invoice.
D. Fireworks – The fireworks were a success with just one complaint regarding some livestock but they were informed before the event.
E. Ground behind the tennis court – This work has been completed with thanks to Cllr Looker.

The Chairman reminded the public present the role of the Parish Council in the planning process.
Planning Meeting
2/2019/1411/HOUSE Erect 1 No. garage, adjoining covered veranda and garden room. (Demolish existing garage). 9 Flanders Close Marnhull Dorset DT10 1LH

Resolved: Objection.
Height of the garage causing loss of light to neighbours’ property.
2/2019/1461/OUT Develop the land by the erection of 5 No. dwellings with garages, 20 No parking spaces and 10 No. cycles spaces. (Outline application to determine access) Land at Yew House Farm Husseys Marnhull Dorset

Resolved: Objection.
Overdevelopment, outside settlement boundary, grade of land, impact on neighbours’ amenities, entrance and exit, concern regarding increased water runoff, age restriction to buy
and it seems a discrepancy in the site measurement’s according to the plan.
The Parish council request that this is heard by the Development Control committee.
2/2019/1402/HOUSE Convert loft to living accommodation, insert dormer windows and carry out internal alterations Little Hains Hains Lane Marnhull DT10 1JU

Resolved: No Objection.
2/2018/1124/OUT Develop land by the erection of 72 No. dwellings and new community facilities. (Outline application to determine access and layout). Land North Of, Crown Road, Marnhull, Dorset

Resolved: Objection as per original application – All existing comment still apply.
The Parish council request that this is heard by the Development Control Committee.

2/2019/1538/LBC Repair to doors and replacement casements, pointing repairs to chimneys and dormers, replace rooflights in barn and carry out associated internal and external alterations. Oaken Cross Sackmore Lane Marnhull DT10 1PJ

Resolved: No Objection.

Neighbourhood plan- After discussion it was felt that a meeting with Mrs David Walsh is the most effective way forward and the Neighbourhood planning committee to make this meeting directly with Mr Walsh however they are still awaiting available dates from Mr Walsh.
Cllr Carr-Jones – Dorset Councillor – No Report.

Chairman’s urgent business-report
The Chairman noted that Mrs Shrimpton had been directed to Dorset council planning regarding the A frame that her neighbouring property have erected.

Accounts –
The Payment Schedule for December 2019 for the sum of £5107.93 had been circulated, this was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
Budget Meeting – The Budget Meeting held on 25th November 2019 agreed the Budget for 2020/2021
At £38,900 and this will form the basis for our precept claim for 2020/202
Proposed by Cllr Cullender and seconded by Cllr Mrs Ruth and all were in favour.

To receive Councillors reports:
Recreation Ground Maintenance – Nothing to report.
Defibrillator – The cheques for the defibrillators have been raised. The Crown are donating £250 towards the defibrillator and they will also donate the Christmas raffle proceeds to them.
Appointment of Flood Warden – There is no volunteer at present.
Access to the Recreation Ground from 17 Plowman close- Fest Fence – It was asked that the Fest would remove the gate that had been installed by Mr Marks. It was also asked that the Fest produce a copy of the plans of the fence fencing the Clerk confirmed she had a copy of this document so it can be circulated, confirmed and minute in the February meeting. It was also asked that the Fest make sure they clear their soil from the back of the container. It was felt that waiting until the Spring would be better for the ground. A provisional date for the 1st of March was agreed.
It was agreed that the letter that Cllr Looker had previously circulated was acceptable to be sent to Mr and Mrs Jenks.
Neighbourhood Plan – Resolved that Cllr Cullender explained that he will apply for the Neighbourhood Area Designation and commence the process for obtaining a grant via the Locality Website.

To consider any matters arising from recent correspondence-

Approval of memorial for the Cemetery – This was proposed by Cllr Hamer and seconded by Cllr Mrs Ruth and all were in favour for this to be approved.
Request for pizza oven to be used in the Rec carpark for the sales of pizzas once a week – This was discussed and concerns raised over the usage of the carpark, as this can be full a lot of the time. There were also concerns raised surrounding the effect on local businesses, and if this is agreed to then this would set a precedent for other requests. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Ruth and seconded by Cllr Wiles that this is not agreed by the parish council and all were in favour.
Request for Bench in the Recreation Ground – This was agreed in principle and Cllr Looker will find out some further information regarding the position of the bench.
January Recess- The Parish council will have a recess in January with the next meeting being in February. If any urgent matters arise then a meeting can be called.

Correspondence and items for the next meeting
Planting of trees in the Recreation Ground and Garden Cemetery.

Date / Times of next meeting
The next Parish Council meeting will be held on the Monday 3rd February 2019 at 7pm in the Village Hall

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.01pm